TJ Finley?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Sep 20, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jamarcus folded when it counted most of the time. He had some clutch moments, but his play against Florida and Auburn consistently hurt us.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i guess my memory is blurred...lets blame it on beer

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He had some really clutch wins, I think against a 9-0 Alabama and a decent Tennessee team in 06 I think. But the UF game in 06 and the AU game in 06 cost LSU a championship and what would have been back to back champs. He played like shit against Ole Miss too, my wife and my first date. Early and missed PAT’s saved us.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, I guess we aint gonna get him then.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Not a fan of the media. I understand any and all skepticism on LSU (even still). We’ve won, but not sexy or convincingly and the jury is till out on just how good this team is/can be. But I do not understand the blatant hate and disrespect. Guys like Joel Klatt, Danny Kannel and Greg McElroy can all eat a fat bag of dicks with their continued blatant hate and disrespect for Coach O and this LSU program.

Ya I’ve had few drinks big whoop.

Sorry guys, I’ll tone it down.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Keep it going have a shot of Everclear and rant some more.

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Was hitting those margaritas at the Mexican joint by the house. Tequila always get me feeling froggy!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d rather Mauck or Flynn.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

O had a lot of unanswered questions lingering after season 1. If our D would have tackled that damn ND receiver things would have probably been a lot different. 2018 is far from over, he needs to keep it on the rails to continue to be taken seriously. Talk and potential don’t amount to a hill of beans if you don’t bring it on Saturdays.

He’s currently got capital in the bank, a decisive win against LATECH will increase that. A loss will put him back on the hot seat. A shaky win will be a negative, but probably not move the needle too much.

I want to see an interim O margin of victory, not a hot seat Miles ass-dragging, ho-hum affair.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So is the Fla St, the Wisconsin, the USC, the Aub, the Texas, the Miami, the Fla and the Ark coaches all on the hotseat? They all have at least one loss we are undefeated. Your reasoning escapes me. You think every team should be 12-0? How can everyone in the SEC be 12-0? So the fans at all the other schools should put their coach on the hotseat if their team "marginally" wins against a team like SELA or Tech? A while back the NCAA decided that colleges could only sign 25 football players a year with a ceiling of 85 on scholarship at one time. What that has done is start to level the playing field. Schools like SELA and Tech and Nicholls St all have some very good players. Thus allows all teams to have a shot to beat you on a given day. The difference between a 2 star, 3 star, a 4 star and a 5 star recruit sometimes is razor thin. The attitude here after we BEAT SELA 31-0 was appauling. Who do we think we are? Are we special? Do you think the SEC and other schools are going to lay down for us? Do you think they don't have good coaches and players that want to win as bad as we do? Kentucky beat Fla for the first time in ages should Dan Mullen be on the hotseat? Fla beat Kentucky last year with the head coach they fired. Mullen comes in and was supposed to be the savior yet his team is worse than it was last year. Sould Mullen be fired?

Don't think you will ever be a happy fan. I was alive when Paul Dietzel won the NC in 1958. My older brother told me when I was old enough to understand that a lot of fans were disapointed that we didn't win games by a big enough margin. In 1994 Gene Stallings was in trouble for going only 11-1.

Tech will play us hard tonight and I will be a happy fan backing my coaches and team that is 3-0 and happy with that. I won't be unhappy if we dont have a "decisive" win. I wont be unhappy thinking "why didnt we beat SELA 57-0" or Tech 57-0. You see I am not perfect and neither is my head coach. What O and his coaches have done since he was interim coach to now is amazing. I know enough about football to know this. He has got me for the next 4 to 5 years to see what he can do with a team of only his recruits.

Try to enjoy the game tonight if you can.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018