TJ Finley?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Extremely important commit.

NFL scouts are probably already looking at him. That's the upside to this immensely talented kid.

Has the athletic ability of a Jamarcus Russell without the purple drank syndrome.

He'll need to be coached up as you can tell he relies on his strong arm to get the ball where it needs to be without proper technique.

MikeInLa and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Lets see if we can keep him. The sports media not unlike the MSM is pushing the narrative that O is on the hotseat. Who is the guy on the ESPN throne that decides this? Even our own BR Advocate causes and creates controversy where there is none. Of course some "fans" run him down incessantly even now and they are the ones who scream the loudest when we lose recruits to other programs. Those are the 12-0 fans you know the "perfect fans" who would fire any coach the is not perfect 12-0 like they are.

Said this many times here, parents want their kids to go to stable programs.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

O still on the hot seat?

lsu-i-like and leroy7500 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I know he was but my point was why in the first place. Who in the sports media decided this? Who are they to decide this and is it done out of bias? That crap hurts recruiting so was this done for that purpose?

I am starting to really dislike and distrust ESPN. They are heading in the same direction as CNN.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

My only concern with this kid is that he may just grow out of his position... Over 6'6" affects throwing motion and release.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

He is a verbal commit and he's been off the charts so far this season. Had a hand in 9 touchdowns in the opening game ( think it was 7 passing, 1 running and 1 receiving) and threw for over 300 yards last week.

8. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I agree. He looks like a good get for us. His technique will need some work but he seems to get rid of the ball fast and stays in the pocket. I don't know if its the video or what, but he towers over the other players.

islstl likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

QB is more about what’s between the ears, if he is both fantastic. To some degree you can still rely on freakish athleticism at the college level until the big games, but to go to the NFL and succeed you have to have it between the ears.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

to hell with the nfl ill take anotyher jamarcus russel