TJ Finley starting against the cocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 22, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Im not doing that. Just saying this kid clearly looks better than B Harris. Terrible comparison IMO.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That’s just my point. Harris looked better than he was in the first game.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again, as I pointed out, the games are not comparable. B Harris played in garbage time for 4 minutes...

LSU_4_LIFE and Swerved like this.
  4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I have to agree with 123 on this one... Apples and Grapefruit.. Harris, on his best day, still looked like he was unsure and nervous. He had no swagger or confidence (rightly so), and generally the offense reflected it.

Finley came out and showed poise, confidence, and understanding of what he was asked to do and how to do it. He looked like a veteran, albeit the offense was simplified a bit. I have no doubt that he would show the same in any game environment, whether we won or not... Some people just have it, he's one of them...

With that said, I am still for putting Brennan back in unless the injury keeps him out beyond next week.

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I agree that Harris, on his best day, looked unsure in general. Against Moo St., he did not though. I agree, small sample size, different game situation. I get all of that. But Finley has played one legitimate half of football and he wasn’t tasked with much. Just like Harris’s game wasn’t representative of his future, neither is TJ’s.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The game situations were not the same. You are 100% right on that. But you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. There are other similarities.

And to follow your line of reasoning, TJ’s game situation is not representative of what we will face down the road this season. So no reason to believe he will play better than Myles after one half against SC when our defense and O Line finally did their jobs.

I love what he did on Saturday. He exceeded my expectations by a long shot. But let’s not get burned again by thinking he’s going to keep playing the way the first half went against the upcoming competition when our D and OLine are not holding up as well.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There really aren't though.

I think you think I want him to start over Brennan. I never said that once.

I just think the B Harris analogy, in any form, is totally wrong.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Id take that bet

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

When I originally mentioned Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings earlier in this thread, I was not referring to the skill sets of those guys vs. T.J.. Clearly Finley has more skills and has been coached up better (sorry TigerTap). What I was referring to was the overreaction of the fan base to one great performance.

Oeaux has demonstrated that he can recruit top tier QBs (Burrow, Finley, & Johnson) and develop them. Until proven otherwise, I will trust that he knows best who should be starting. No need to create a controversy when it doesn't exist.

tirk, furduknfish, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, back then we had a string if absolute crap QB play. Anyone who completed a few passes in a row got some praise ha!

Now we are blessed with riches. Quite an experience!