TJ Finley starting against the cocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 22, 2020.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Because their stat lines and the fan reactions are similar. One game means nothing, especially in a dumbed down offense with the best running attack and offensive line performances of the year.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I 100% disagree. TJ started the game and had control from the 1st snap.

B Harris came in when LSU was down 34-10 in the 4th and MSU was coasting. They dont even look the same running, throwing, or commanding the pocket.

You should give people on this forum more credit. We can be pretty smart.

You also should consider LSU was in the period of the "QB Dark Ages" when Harris was here. Year after year of piss poor QB management.

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Agreed, but that makes it even worse. He thrived in a shithole offense for a game and was named starter. The main point is that TJ was not asked to win the game last night, nor did he have to. He did what he was asked to do, but that was significantly less than what Brennan has been asked to do.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Not saying you’re not smart. There is just an overreaction to TJ’s lone start because people like Orlovsky give this idea wings. Harris coming in down shows that he performed under pressure, which TJ did not really need to do last night. He barely threw in the second half. He certainly raised the degree of health that Brennan needs to come back at starter, but he did not beat Brennan out.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I disagree again. I can't remember a Freshman QB EVER at LSU looking like that in his 1st complete full game.

Again, B Harris had no pressure. We were getting Tea-bagged by MSU. LF7 had like 30 fucking yards. They threw B Harris in and started just throwing it up.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Watch it again. Its even worse than I remember. Harris came in with like 4 minutes left and MSU was in prevent....

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Gross. Stadium looks like it was hit by covid in 2014.....

[​IMG]

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

He thrived in garbage time and then was thrust into a big game with a shit offense.

No doubt Finley is limited, currently, he’s a true freshman. And his lumps are definitely ahead of him. But he showed a lot of promise. We can’t ignore that because we’re loyal to Brennan. MB15 is our starter, but Finley is on his ass.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

iron sharpens iron

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Jeeze, the point is it’s a little early for the coronation. If Brennan isn’t ready, I’d rather see TJ and Max vs AU, but if Brennan is ready, I want Brennan until he proves he can’t. Nurturing QBs rather than throwing them to the wolves, ala Miles, is the right move.