Times have changed?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 15, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"I hope that we will not find a day in the United States when all of us are spectators except for a few who are out on the field, I hope all Americans will be on the field."

Looks like we failed yea?

Jmg and Winston1 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It seems the majority have utterly failed the challenge. Too many parents “helicopter” their kids....too many schools have dropped any meaningful PE...too many participation trophies and too many bone spurs. ):

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Who do you blame? This is/was not an American ideal. It permeates the history of mankind. This is not an American thing. It is a world thing. It is a technology thing.

Almost every kid I know is active in sports and conditioning. Volleyball, Lacrosse, Long distance running, soccer, baseball, football, basketball. Maybe we are a sports family and we hang around like people. I don't know.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I don’t know either. While I know that there are quite a few like you say, it seems everywhere I look I see obese parents with obese kids. Maybe it’s the lack of attendance at neighborhood schools when kids go to different schools and don’t socialize as much. Maybe it’s because there is a loss of emphasis on the physical part of PE. Maybe it’s the pervasive use of smartphones and addiction to the internet. As I said too many parents hover over their kids. I used to ride my bike all over and stayed outside playing till called in for dinner or dark.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then you would be in the minority. USA's average BMI is through the roof, however I would agree its not isolated to the US, but more should we say, Western lifestyle?

upload_2020-8-15_18-54-31.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/he...20-per-cent-higher-now-than-in-the-1960s.html

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I lived in Japan and had to eat that weird shit I would be skin and bones

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just thought it was funny American Women of today are about the same size as the American MEN of the 60's. You think its all ass?

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Once again bmi is a terrible measure. It doesn't account for muscle mass. Probably not an issue with our millennials however.

Yeah when you start watching nfl-France or Bangladesh let me know.

Covid dropped our average by a lb I think.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

one fact that people just will not accept even if you smash their face with it is that americans are not hungry. none of them. poverty correlates with obesity, and not because healthy food is expensive but because poor people make bad choices.

liberls will not accept any situation where anything is the fault of the person failing at it. if a poor person is fat, its because the white supremacy wouldnt invest in vegetables in the barrio.

Winston1 likes this.