Time to move on......Gawga’s in the House

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I’ve had enough of playing “not to lose”. We’ve done that to death, I’m ready to roll up the scoreboard til the clock says 0:00!

lsu-i-like, ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  2. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I read an article recently saying something about Georgia becoming "Alabama East" under Kirby. I don't know about all that, but I do know LSU is fully capable of winning this game if they execute and minimize mistakes and turnovers. That plus playing in our house is reason enough for me to feel positive about it.

lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Hopefully, we're in the calm before the storm. Coming off of a disappointing week from the fan side can create an atmosphere of low expectation, but if the players come out fired up, like I think they will, and we get some energy/health from returning injured players, and the crowd gets ignited early in the game, we can win this. UGA hasn't played anyone really. Their scoring D is rated high, b/c people haven't punched it in, but they are 85th-120th in other defensive categories like yards given up, etc. The real problem is can we keep up with them on the scoreboard? Can our defense actually get some pressure on Fromm, force some punts? I think we move the ball on offense, but do we finish? I'm expecting a lot of points this game. Would love to see us on the positive side of a 35-31 score.

MikeInLa and GregLSU like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's a question.

Can LSU get UGA in nickel? That's the key in my eyes.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hate to say this because it’s pretty unfair and the only reason I bring it up is because LSU has experienced this, how does Georgia play knowing there was just a cat 5 hurricane smash into Florida and Georgia? Do we even play this game? I know it’s at LSU but how does Joe Alleva turn this into a 2 year road trip to Athens? Asshole. Fuck that guy. This hurricane is the X factor right now.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

These were my exact feelings. Felt losses against Miami and Auburn, but wasn’t worried at all for Florida. I feel similar about UGA to the way I did against Miami. We’ll see which LSU team shows up.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Meaning be successful enough in the passing game to force UGA into 5-DB sets?

TerryP likes this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I thought this hurricane coming up from the Gulf was supposed to make landfall as a Cat I?

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Its very unfortunate, we all know the struggles of hurricanes and our communities post hurricane. But, this game is being played in BR and the game must go on. I think LSU and/or Louisiana should do their part in sending relief efforts.

ParadiseiNC likes this.