Time to Blow this thing up

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by P&G_wheelz007, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Crawfish2012

Crawfish2012 Veteran Member

I have to agree it's definitely time to blow it up start over and fix the Saints salary cap situation. There is no way a 37/38 year old Brees will be on the roster next season with a $27 Million cap hit on a sinking Saints ship. I don't think we could get a 1st for Brees but at least a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd. Loomis should trade or cut Brees, Colston, Evans, Strief, Byrd, Browner, Hawthorne and Ellerbe. Once Brees and Galette's contract's are completely off the books in 2017 the Saints salary cap will be in great shape.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't know for sure but Brees probably has a no trade clause in his contract
    He wouldn't accept a trade to a bad team to finish his career.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't look now, but its already finished. All that is left is the slow and painful part.

4. Crawfish2012

Crawfish2012 Veteran Member

He doesn't have a no trade clause. Regardless, if he's cut or traded he won't be on the roster with a $27 Million cap hit. The Saints and Brees can agree to a contract extension but why would Brees stay aboard a sinking Saints ship when he could possibly compete for a championship with another team.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Who are these guys in black and gold today? McCown looking very sharp in a controlled passing game and the running game is working pretty well. Up 10-0 in the second.

6. mctiger

Remember my comment about "Same old Saints" last week? A trait of those bad days was the league (at least once a year) apologizing for a bad call against the Saints. FOX coverage just said the league did just that this week, saying the roughing the passer call against Vaccaro should not have been called. smdh

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sometimes it seems like Payton just doesn't give a shit anymore and justs wants to hang out and party with Miss W. Virginia? I get it, she's young and gorgeous, but there's plenty of time for that in the off season.

8. mctiger

I have to say its very cool that Luke McCown got the chance and responded so well in the middle of an ad campaign where he's the spokesperson for a company's backup plans.