Tigers vs Dawgs Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 13, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Swift was also much more dangerous in the passing game for them as a safety check down for Fromm. Our DB’s (minus battle on that TD) locked down their WR’s all day. And when he checked down to Swift I buried my head in my hands every time. UGA has some damn horses in the backfield

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I get it, if we score more than they do we win. If that ends up being 44 safteys or 103 fg's or whatever.

The point I'm making is if you have the ball inside the 20 against the gumps you had better put in the end zone instead of the uprights.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Yep. This game aside, field goals lose games unless they are at the end of the game.

There is always an exception.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

all I know is this was a big win to keep all our hopes for a special season alive.

One of the better executed gameplans and good adjustments.we have had

Our team was up to the task and took chances and succeeded I liked the attitude

Now we don't let up and take care of our business and then have a week to get healthy before Bama.

COTiger, ParadiseiNC, kcal and 2 others like this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Game by game, this has been a great year. Damn last week but this week was beautiful. This has been a fun ride.

kcal and el005639 like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Great post, I'm not trying to take anything away from a great win. I'm only pointing out that the gumps are not the dawgs.

HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I understand what you’re saying, but if we have a choice between 4th and too long and FG against Bama, I’ll take the FG. We gotta play our best game and take what we can. UGA wishes they had as many FGs as we did.

Like that ridiculous #### likes to say, the other team wants to win and has talent too.

It sure felt like we left points on the field and our D was not quite as stout as you’d like, but the D did limit points out of a good UGA offense. And we put a lot of points on the board.

We aren’t stacked even though we got studs. Winning big with this team ain’t a small feat.

On the other hand, FU might overtake UGA very soon, it looks like Mullen is superior to Smart. UGA moved decisively in replacing Richt with Smart, but maybe too decisively. Never trust a Saban disciple.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    COTiger likes this.
  9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

10. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

Ok guys ! Arguing over a win ? Never thought it would happen we beat #2 in polls and argue over it like a loss ?
    You can’t win without some kinda Offense And some kinda defense . Good bad , who carried who thru the game ( it don’t matter ) these are just kids and they screwed up some plays on both sides of the ball, what happens against Vama is a long way off. Different animal different game plan, but right now These kids and Fans WON a big game and let’s enjoy the moment and build off the win....... seriously arguing over a Big ( not close ) Win .......Geaux Tigers

KyleK, COTiger, gynojunkie and 9 others like this.