Tigers returning next year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Same question
    Why hasn't anyone beat him out in 3 years?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My recollection is he blocked pretty damm well this year. I always replay games after the season will have a look specifically at Deculus.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Same answer, because o-line recruiting has not been very good in that time. They simply haven't brought along anyone that's any better. Look, I'll admit, I thought he turned the corner late in '19; I said as much in one of the game threads. But I believe he regressed last year. He may not have been the only one; I expected more out of Rosenthal and Hines last year as well. But a lot of the problem for the line in general last year was continuity. They were a reconstructed group, and Rosenthal's absence at mid-season slowed development as a whole as well. But the big issues with Deculus (poor footwork, not mobile enough to play tackle) are still there. At least he has gotten better about the pre-snap penalties that were an issue for him as a freshman and sophomore. With his size, strength and experience (if nothing changes this year, he will go down among LSU's all-time leaders in starts for an offensive lineman), I believe an NFL team will eventually take a flyer on him and try to convert him to guard. But he has no business playing tackle.

kcal and MobileBengal like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What puzzles me about your post is you and others here claim he has no business at tackle. That he is not good. Saying that means y'all believe O and Cregg are not good enough coaches to see that. I would have to believe that our OL coach who played OL in college coached OL in college and the NFL is too stupid to see that Deculus can't play tackle. Yet Cregg is the position coach for the OL that won the Joe Moore award. Yet no one has beat him out at Tackle. Yet O keeps him and fires Pelini and others.

Just don't buy your argument.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's fine, we'll agree to disagree.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I can live with that

7. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

And you thought 2020 sucked ...
    30958DF7-E16D-4089-8BAD-55E03260B0E4.jpeg

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

The old old SNL had a skit with Belushi ‘The Thing Who Wouldn’t Leave’

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Don Castavez and Bengal B like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The TF 2021 whipping boy I give you Austin Deculus. E is not there anymore to destroy so a guy who couldn't be beat out started for 3 years and was part of the 2019 NC is now in the crosshairs. He decides to come back help the team and here we freaking go with the buzzards again.