Tigers at Florida today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Feb 14, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Are you kidding me? You've got 5 seconds to inbound the ball. Do you realize there is another team on the court? The don't want our shooters to get the ball so they blanket them. Lloreda was open. You get him the ball. Geez man. Any reason to dis Brady huh? Give us all a break and admit the man can coach. I'd hate to hear you idiots if LSU blew games late the way the almighty Donovan's teams do.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL,

It'll be interesting to see just how Florida does the rest of the season.

Thats 2 in a row for LSU over Florida in basketball!:D

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Cool down man. We won.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I actually like Brady and am a supporter of him in what he has done with the handcuffs on him especially in those early years.

But, unless LSU had no timeouts, the inbounder should have called timeout and not passed it in to Lloreda. I am sorry, but that is not good coaching. Lloreda should not have been on the court actually, should have put someone in who can shoot free throws. Lloreda's presence is not needed for the final 4 seconds of the game.

And if someone does not understand that logic, then I don't know what to tell you.

Brady may have this team over the hump finally. Mark this win down as a milestone for him and his Tigers. Congrats Brady and the Tigers, now go beat the hell out of Kentucky.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont believe they did.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well if thats the case, then you obviously pass it in to whoever you can and in that case, I retract my previous statement.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

That was a great basketball game to watch regardless if LSU would have won or lost. Low turnovers(FL-7 LSU-10), good fieldgoal and good free throw shooting = a great game. The O'Connell Center is really a difficult place to play in. Florida has had a great home record under Donovan. Besides Rupp Arena, it is probably the most difficult place to play in the SEC. LSU historically the last 3/4 four trips into the O'Connell has not fared well. Today was different. A gutty performance by the Tigers today. I really like the chemistry of Minor, Mitchell, Hudson, Bass and Lloreda late in the game. I believe it gives LSU a different dimension. I heard a stat on the LSU post game shot that LSU shot 9/11 from the field to finish off the game.

7-3 (SEC) 17-4 (Overall) This is where the fun begins.

Anybody thinking about making the trip to Atlanta for the SEC championship?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

LSU had 1 30 second timeout left. OK. So he pulls Lloreda. Who do you replace him with? Hudson fouled out. Koundja is hurt but I'd much rather have Jaime at the line than him. Neltner? Think he can handle the pressure? Lazare? What's his FT percentage? This is a valid point to debate but your knee jerk reaction was "that's poor coaching" and that's what I take issue with.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I won't make the trip but I'll be watching every minute on ESPN
    Fullcourt:D

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

LSU had a timeout left. Brady called a timeout after Lloreda miss the first free throw.