Tiger Plans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Turbine, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Turbine

Turbine Freshman

I think LSU must work on its passing game, however, since running is an area that the Tigers excel in, do you think LSU will run the ball down the Cajuns throats all night?

Or, will they take advantage of the situation and give the passing game a legitimate workout?

2. Turbine

Turbine Freshman

4 of 12 in the passing dept. must be improved on in a big way before SEC play starts.

This is weird, but I expect LSU to score running the ball and then run out the clock passing.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Here is what will happen, assuming the game is out of control like everyone expects.

LSU will Saban is going to come out passing. If it fails and USL/ULL or whatever sticks around because the passing game is still failing, then he will pound it to get a lead big enough to breath easy. Saban is very sensitive to not giving the impression he is running up the score. He is basically the Bizzarro Tubby. The exact opposite. So if the passing fails by half time, he will start pounding to simply win the game and get back to the drawing board.

Geaux Tigers.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

LOL! :p

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It would make sense to me for the Tigers to mix it up from the start, running and passing. With the team Saban has there is no reason to be throwing the ball 50 times a game. I believe Saban said something about going back to basisics with the passing game and bill on it. Well, at any rate I do believe the tigers will be able to do what they want. ULL does not have the depth to stay with the Tigers very long.

6. Turbine

Turbine Freshman

You are probably right.
    Take Texas A&M although although there were 10 turovers 3 quarters was the limit before the aggies pulled away.

7. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Just got finished watching the LSU/VT highlights on cable channel 4. Of course it was only highlights of both teams, but the passing attack by the Tigers didn't seem bad at all. Don't know what the stats from that game was however. But, they got receivers open down field and completed a number of passes. With that said, I don't believe the passing attack is dead by any means. Maybe its just been asleep the past three weeks. Personally, I believe the Tigers will start out with a balanced attack against ULL. I also don't believe we will see a lot of different offensive looks from LSU this weekend. I think the game plan will be pretty much run to set up the pass and get out of the game with as few injuries as possible. This will be a warm up for the Gators. GEAUX TIGERS!

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree with most of r_bear's comments. Not to make excuses, but receivers were open for V. Tech and the drops just came at bad times, on a lot of 3rd downs. Stats were misleading. Mauck looked bad against the Citadel (but it was raining) and great vs. Miami of Ohio. Aside from the fumbles, I thought Mauck played decent last week. Why throw the ball when you can run it down a team's throat?

I am concerned about the passing attack but feel it can be a dangerous weapon that can win us some games. If a team puts 8 in the box (such as Florida) and singles up on Clayton or Henderson, we can score in a hurry. I'm confident (although not quite 100%) Mauck will win games with his arm this year. I also agree that a balanced attack should be the gameplan for this week and the V. Tech game will hopefully help us on the road at Florida.

9. Turbine

Turbine Freshman

Well the Cajuns run the same style of defense as VT without the advantage of any great recruiting classes.

If what you say is true the Tigers may be able to hone the passing game on Saturday. Unless they drop the ball.

10. msully

msully Founding Member

passing game

:confused: Why worry about a passing game how many td's passing in the 1st 4 games ??? How do you run out the clock passing ?? Ball control?? Run , Run , Run ,and have a Mean Defense !!! I still like the option play , will he run , will he pitch or will he pass? Oh yes ,GEAUX TIGERS !! Push em !! back! ! Push em back Sully said that u hear