Threw some stats together

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Sep 21, 2019.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I thought for sure it would take an Alabama loss to get Tap out. But no. It was the 66 pts by the offense. Every silver lining has a dark cloud.

lsu-i-like, didit, islstl and 4 others like this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The stats stack up because it’s the big plays that have hurt us. We’ve had possessions where we looked great. Goal line stand against against Texas (not the dropped wide open TD pass, but the other one too). Some big stuffs on 4th and 1 and we’ve forced our share of 3 and outs. But have been killed on big plays. That slant pass against Texas that went for 70+. Against Northwestern they hit us with chunk plays on busted assignments. Yesterday Vandy either went 3 and out or hit huge gainers.

It’s missed assignments and poor tackling from what I can see.

The creative minded offensive coaches are going to continue to exploit this.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sorry your boy Miles is not here anymore Tap. I think you will find up in Kansas skipping down the yellow brick road
    oz70_a_crop.jpg
    Oh and Miles would be the one on the left with no brain

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm glad you did this.

The panic mode this fanbase goes into with every missed tackle is unreal.

2/3 if defensive line out plus best pass rusher and OMG why's the defense sooooo baaaad?!1?!!
    Oh wait, they're not?

Tackling by the secondary seems to be the only issue, but that might improve if the DL and Chaisson are back to health and the safeties can play more aggressively. CBs job isn't tackling. It's coverage.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Lol it must absolutely suck to have this as your last stand

Bengal B, el005639 and shane0911 like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Fair and I both agree and disagree to an extent. Chaisson missed all of last year. Lawrence missed a lot of time too with injuries and not sure ever played at 100%. Fehoko did as well towards the end of the year. There is something else missing here. A lot has to do with #40 and no real replacement emerging. We had Debo, Duke and Devin. Can we get a Damone? Hell ya!

Missing our pass rushers definitely hurts, no argument there. But it’s also mental mistakes. Our defense either looks suffocating or its getting gashed. I have to believe it’s Aranda introducing new schemes.

lsu-i-like, COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

His is a truly miserable existence. He isn't a Tiger fan at all

ParadiseiNC, Fishhead and el005639 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Please! Let it be his last stang. His very last stand.

By the way I looked at Kansas remaining schedule and they have a very good shot at going 2-10.

Fishhead likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Same old shit in Kansas. Limiting the throws the QB can make, and then allowing him to throw only when it's late in the game down 2 scores. That's what happened yesterday.

ParadiseiNC and Fishhead like this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yes Chaisson was out last year and Rashard was limited like this year. The results are about the same as last year. Not sure why it looks worse to some.

Agree on the lack of DW. That's leadership, and IDK who the leader is in this front 7. It could be Rashard, Divinity, or Chaisson, but... um... they're not on the field.