Thoughts on UT lawsuit?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by uscvball, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Has to do with the question you posed of why no interest. I was saying possibly, at least in part, because not all people jump the gun and assume it's true.

Certainly agree that such would be rape. Only question here would be that if a woman is that drunk to begin with, how does she know/remember if she consented and in fact had sex then passes out? I can't imagine why anyone would want to fuck a corpse.

Uh, you think that's out of line for someone who made a false accusation and caused someone to lose a job, not to mention all the collateral damage that goes along with that? I thought I was being nice with that term. I think you not seeing that just proved my statement is accurate though.

2. Bayou Tiger

Oh the trainer who would regularly sneak into the athletic dorm and screw the football players then took a 300K pay off? Pretty clear to me what most likely happened.

Not even sure why she wouldn't have had him either sitting or on a table to be checking his ankle to begin with. I dam sure wouldn't stoop down and look at/touch a man's foot if he was naked.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"It's" true? What, rape accusations? That's not what this case is about. It's about the alleged institutionalized cover-up by an NCAA-member school regarding it's athletes. Now, if the victims were all black or the accused all white, it would be a different story. IMO, people look the other way because they don't care. Your line of thinking would have folks dismiss any and all accusations because bitches lie.

If she's "that drunk" it doesn't matter if she "gave consent" or remembers whether she gave it or not. Being under the influence renders someone incapable of giving consent, under the law, the same as it does for minors.

Out of line? Not necessarily but it's one note that sounds familiar.

4. Bayou Tiger

No silly, I really mean to let the investigation play out first. A little balance.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that it's now against the law for college men and women to screw, drunk? Or maybe I should ask "how drunk"?

Will guys have to own a breathalyzer before engaging in that sinful but pleasurable act of fornication?

I honestly didn't know that and have a hard time believing that. Hell, most of the college poon is probably slain drunk.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's the problem in this case.....the accusers trusted the University to conduct a thorough investigation and this lawsuit claims it did just the opposite and covered it up, resulting in an atmosphere of football players thinking they had impunity. One person set to testify is a former UT player who was seen getting beat up by other UT football players after helping the alleged victim and encouraging her to report what happened. They felt he "broke man code" and after being further threatened, he transferred out.
    Frankly, yes. Why do you think every school that accepts even one penny of federal dollars has agreed to the standards set out by the DOE and have hired small to large staffs of Title IX investigators? Any man who agrees to have sex with a female (or male I suppose) who is under ANY influence, is putting themselves at risk for being accused of rape or other sexual assault. So just like women need to be aware of how their alcohol intake might have consequences, so do the men.

Not saying you are wrong but drunk sex has also resulted in legit claims of rape. That's why we are where we are.

"The LSU Student Health Center Office of Wellness and Health Promotion is excited to offer new students and other members of the LSU community the opportunity to experience MyStudentBody.com, an online comprehensive health education program. We are introducing the updated MSB Essentials Course, with brand-new information and engaging teaching strategies. Our hope is that students will use this resource throughout their time at LSU, and not just as a result of a requirement or class assignment...... first-year/first-semester students are required to visit the site (students can't register for classes unless they have gone to the site)"

LSU has contracted with https://www.mystudentbody.com/default.aspx to provide mandatory training on this topic.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/qa-201404-title-ix.pdf
    53 pages on Title IX and Sexual Violence from the DOE's Office of Civil Rights.

6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Well, that is the problem. The university is letting the investigation drag on and on and on until the semester is over and the player has completed his season. Then they "suspend" him for a few months. Whatever happened between the women and the players will come out in criminal court. That is not the issue.

The issue is that UT protected its athletes eligibility over the best interests of its female students. This will cost Tennessee $millions in civil lawsuits and several levels of administrator will be resigning.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

But it's not in criminal court and it's not going to be. The victims declined to pursue charges that way or to report to law enforcement. They relied on UT administrators to do their job. They are claiming a Civil Rights violation. I will honestly be surprised if UT gets hit very hard. Look at FSU....and a victim payout of under $1M. Winston was well known....these UT players not so much.

8. Bayou Tiger

So what happens if I turn that table around and get real liquored up, screw a fat ugly one then regret it, and I say rape.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have no problem with that. We can punish without crippling. I've always asked why the athlete gets punished twice. Even in high school if an athlete does something that warrants suspension from school they serve it plus, often, a game or more suspension, etc; whereas, the thug, in that same scenario, just gets the suspension.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

One could certainly try that. You would have to decide whether or not to file a criminal complaint or go through Uni officials. If you go the law enforcement route, be prepared for humiliation and disbelief....same as most female victims get. If you go through the school, then be prepared with physical evidence (cell phone video if you have it), witnesses who could corroborate your story, and a demonstration that you were physically smaller or inferior to the alleged perp.