Thoughts on streaming services for College FB?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSU Strength, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

We dropped DirecTV a few months back because it was too expensive, and on most days, we don't even turn it on. There are a couple of shows we watch infrequently, and the most important thing is to be able to watch College FB.

We tried Hulu Live this weekend (they had a free trial), and it was awful. The picture quality was terrible and it frequently buffered, even after plugging into the router directly. I was able to find a free stream on Reddit for last night's game, and it was pretty good, but it did buffer on occasion as well.

So, one of my friends recommended Playstation Vue, but I thought I would get your opinions on the best option to stream College FB games.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I recently got Youtube TV. Got about everybody I would want from cable and a good sports package. Watched a lot of football Saturday on SEC Network, B1G net and Pac 12 net as well as all the ESPN channels, Fox and others. It's $40 a month and comes with unlimited DVR.

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  3. LSU Strength

Thanks. I have a few questions if you don't mind. What is your download speed? Also, how is picture, and what is the frequency of buffering?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Got 50 mbps. Picture is great for sports and anythingbin HD and I haven't had any buffering problems Had YouTube TV for a couple of months.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can also have up to 6 accounts. Haven't figured out how to do it but maybe I could find a couple of people to split the cost. I don't need but one for myself because it works on all my devices. I went outside to smoke at halftime so I accessed it with my phone so I would know when the second half was about to begin.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I dropped DTV a few years ago, and got SlingTV. $25/mo. At first it kinda sucked, but they have since switched to an add on for Chrome Browser, and it worked great last night watching the game. I’m on DSL, download speed tested at about 6 Mbps .... no buffering, no pauses, except in a commercial or two. Beat the hell out of paying $180 for DTV

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I use Playstation Vue. They have recently added WBRZ and WAFB to their lineup, which is nice. They also added EPSN College Extra, which shows most of the ESPN3 games. Just be careful with social media during games because there is usually a 10 second or so delay.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I checked out Sling but YouTube TV has a much better sports package. Only thing I miss is they don't have Discovery or the History Channel but I do like their National Geography and Smithsonian channels.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    onceanlsufan likes this.
  9. LSU Strength

Thanks all!

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I watch a lot of bicycle races, streamed. Also we have started several series on both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Normally quite pleased.

However, last week I was having internet problems, went to stream and could not get signal...aha! Internet trouble.

Make sure you have a steady, pretty fast download, and you might want to upgrade your router if your current one is older.

Good luck.

LSU Strength likes this.