Thoughts on rushing the field

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 14, 2018.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Me and my wife went to visit her sister in England not far from Leeds. Her husband took me and my father in law to a Leeds - Arsenal soccer match in Leeds. It was damn cold and we were packed in there like rats. In the stands they they have a fenced off section where the fence went all the way up to the overhang. It is where they separate the Arsenal fans from the Leeds fans.

Arsenal scored toward the end of the fitst half and their fans started singing some song and the Leeds people went apeshit. Started throwing beer and anything they could find.

I was impressed I mean these fans from both teams were rabid. Leeds ended up winning 2-1 and I have never been a big fan of soccer but I had a great time just experiencing the crowd.

Maybe fencing in the Tigers students releases the rabid and other fans could throw things at them.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I lived in England for three years. Very close to Wembley arena. One Saturday I was down on the Main Street that went toward the arena.

At some point I heard screaming, yelling . . . . pure noise. You could also feel it. I was just leaving a small store when the owner grabbed me, pulled me back inside, and lowered her fence like security thing.

Within moments the street was filled with insane soccer rowdies. They were running from the subway to the stadium. After 5 minutes or so, they were all gone and I left the store.

Another time, in the Edinburgh train station we were caught amidst two huge, rival soccer crowds. Insane.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

On your advice, I'll pass, coonass.

leroy7500 and LSUTiga like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

same scenario in Nuremburg, ge

never get caught on the u-bahn on game day....a little scary

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Again, our word. You cant use it.