Thoughts on Finebaums article??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mjenner, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Typical Finebaum, he knows absolutely nothing about football so he resorts to tabloid type journalism. He reminds me a lot of Rosie O'Donnell, a no talent loud mouth that most wonder how they ever got on the air to begin with. He is the kind of person you are glad is on the other side.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Unfortunately, I think I'm related to GG. :eek:

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Unfortunate is spilling ketchup on a white shirt.

Being related to Glenn is pure tragedy.

4. TwistedTiger

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You guys still dont get Finebaum. He is nothing but pure-d entertainment. He gave up professional journalism years and years ago. The guy has GREAT guests on his show. Today he had Brando on for 30 minutes, Yesterday he had Danielson in studio for about 45 minutes. He gets a ton of great coaches on his show. He is big buddies with Spurrier and others. He has callers who I think get paid because nobody would be that stupid. When Shula was coaching the gumps it was daily hilarity. He caters to his audience and changes direction as much as a whore changes her drawers on saturday night. That article he printed was for gump consumption. They eat that $hit up today but they hated him two years ago. When a coach gets down he just pours gas on the fire. Now Tubs is getting roasted after he was eating dinner at Finebaums house a couple years ago. Its just bidness, the ratings bidness.

6. TwistedTiger

I don't find the National Enquirer or any of the gossip mags quality entertainment either. That doesn't mean I don't understand what they are trying to do. Finebaum is a loud mouth sheet stirrer and nothing more. He has no knowledge of the game and brings nothing new or exciting to the table. I find him arrogant, obnoxious and boring.

7. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Finebaum knows football. I listen to his show every day. It's not because I like him, but more of that it's a great show. He is indeed one of the best in the business. He does great interviews and gets the most out of his guests without going over the line.

He is very clever and is quite successfull.

What most people dont realize is that it's his job to stir the pot...and he is good at his job.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Finebaum doesn't usually stir the pot himself out of nowhere like some and certainly knows more about football and its history than most here. His articles generally are accurate just painful for some to hear...like his opinions on Shula. He knows radio and lets his listeners/callers stir the pot for the most part. He just fuels the fire. He has better guests than any show Ive ever listened to - you just have to remember when they are coming on so you don't have to listen to the necks that call in.

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I saw video of this Finebaum numbnuts last year after Bama lost to ULMonroe. He basically called for Saban to be fired.

Now he's ready to anoint the Tide national champs and dismiss LSU as irrelevant.

Finebaum's lack of credibility and lack of writing talent make him irrelevant.

LSU's sad curse this year is having an inexperienced QB who wouldn't even be playing if it weren't for the Perilloux debacle.

Remember when Saban was at LSU and had a crummy QB, Marcus Randall? 8-5 was the record.

Next year the Tide will break in a newbie at QB. I look for Bama to struggle and for Finebaum to call again for St.Nick's head on a platter. :helmet:

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Finebaum is an excellent writter...

As far as Bama's season next year....Our 3 biggest loses will be Andre Smith, JPW, and Rashad Johnson. Remember, our best 2 LB's are simply a true freshman and true sophomore. Our defense is shaping up to be even better next year.

Just because Jarrett Lee has failed miserably doesn't default Star Jackson as a failure next year. The good thing about Star is that he will be able to use his feet also. He's pretty quick. We will have the best reciever in the SEC next year in Julio Jones. I'm not sure there will be any argument there. Coffee will be back, Ingram is just a true freshman. I'm sure BJ Scott will begin to blossom as an offensive playmaker in the slot, possibly Marquis Maze also. Our recruiting class this year is shaping up to be another top 5 class too.

Many have claimed over and over this year that our depth will be a problem because we play so many young players. It hasn't been yet. Also, that lack of depth will only greatly improve next year. Things are looking up in Tuscaloosa.