Thoughts on Finebaums article??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mjenner, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jchamil

jchamil Freshman

Finebaum, actually never said anything that wasn't true in this article, except for the part about Miles starting a downward spiral, that remains to be seen. But, yes, LSU fans have acted extremely petty since Saban went to Bama. Examples: 1) Saban's SECRETARY (not even the man himself) had her tires slashed when she went to a wedding in Baton Rouge, and yes this is true because my girlfriend graduated from LSU and all of her friends bragged about this to me when it happened, 2) burning Saban in effigy the night before the game (particularly classy), 3) the extremely classy cussing of Saban the entire game and especially after the game by the students when Saban was doing his post-game interview. How can you not write an article like this when LSU fans (granted not all of them, but very many of them) acted like a bunch of whining 5 year olds before and after the game?

2. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Who cares about this loser? Best in the business? What business? The business of acting like a turd every week. The dude is obsessed with LSU. Hell, those fans deserve a remarkable season from Saban after getting beat by Louisiana Monroe last year (quite possibly the worst team in college football). They've never had a winning record in I-A. Plus, Bama was due to beat us anyway after we knocked them off 5 straight times including last year's win against Saban in his new house.

And how many times do we have to hear about Saban burning in effigy? Who gives a $hit? LSU fans didn't care and most knew nothing about it. It was some promotion for a new apartment complex or something from what I hear. It obviously bothered Finedome and other Bama fans. Hell, if they're gonna be girls about it, then maybe the morons that did it can do it every year. Is it that big of a deal? At least LSU hasn't been caught cheating like Bama in a gigantic scandal.

We lost and yet there's still an article in ESPN the Magazine talking about why LSU's home field is the best in all of sports. You don't usually hear that after a loss. Face it, LSU ain't going anywhere. Even when we sucked people talked about us because Tiger Stadium, etc., is exciting.

Bama's got all those championships, etc. But Alabama football just isn't as exciting as LSU football. That's just the way it is. They don't even have 1 Heisman winner. Quite shocking when you think about all the championships they have. They play the best team ball. And you know, that is the concept. But it still doesn't make it exciting. Sorry. Go Tigers!

1 person likes this.
  3. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I remember his saying the beginning of the end for Les Miles was Joe McKnight's signing with USC. I've seen him in person several times. He is a very short man with no hair. He's probably lacking in other departments also. No wonder he is so bitter.:lol:

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Isn't that Les Nessman? I thought he was a TV sitcom character?

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Les Nessman was smarter and better looking.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Finebaum and Dildeaux are no talent a$$wipes. When you're a no talent a$$wipe of a journalist, the only way you get read is if you create controversy. Very tired, very old game, but it works like a champ. I wish most would see it for what it was and these douchebags would disappear once and for all.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Let it be your last. My friend told me that he had Glenn Guilbeau as a "guest" on his radio program not too long ago. That ought to tell you something.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't even click on Finebaum links.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah, I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

10. kerlybil

kerlybil Founding Member

This is so true. Even the bad Curley Hallman years they were still talking about Tiger Stadium.:tigereye: