Thoughts on all this:

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

The Energy Department <> the US Government. It's only a small portion thereof, and other portions disagree. It's not even the Department one would expect to proclaim the US government's overall position.

You lied.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see so there is at least some evidence then, which opposes what your friend @Tiger in NC claims.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Nope. No evidence. The Energy Department said that they "suspect." Suspicion isn't proof. Like I said you have no evidence and neither does the department of energy or any others because it doesn't exist.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

they said its the most likely source. what do you suppose the reason they said that is, if they have "no evidence" and additionally none exists, according to you. i dunno how you can prove a negative that way. i think we need to slow down and go slow.

lets start back at the beginning.

do you concede that a virus lab exists in wuhan? do you also concede that the virus was first found there?

if you wont concede that will you accept that the virus is chinese in origin at all?

trying to see where is a good starting point for explaining this to you. what you know about the case.

5. Tiger in NC

Nope. You have no evidence and I'm not playing your "let's play conspiracy theorist" game with you regardless of the question.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i wasnt making a claim about evidence i have. i was saying the energy dept has decided lab leak is most likely. seems logical to assume they based that on some level evidence greater than zero.

7. Tiger in NC

But you have no evidence and neither do they or they'd say so. Someone there is making a guess and it's not even an educated guess, ironically enough, because with Chinese secrecy we will likely never know. But you keep lying and pretending there is evidence to support one way or the other and we don't.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

then why did they make that declaration about it being the best explanation? if they have no evidence? in what sense is it the best explanation? are they lying?

9. Tiger in NC

then you should be able to show me the evidence if there is some. further, folks like yourself should be using said "evidence" to sue the government and the media for lying to us. why hasn't anyone done that?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Are you suggesting the American government has never lied?