This should frighten everyone

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 18, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You lost me

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's only words, and words are all I have
    to take your heart away.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's long been legally established that in some instances the use of words can be construed as a criminal act. A con artist talks an old woman out of her life savings by promising non-existent riches in a bogus investment for example.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Still too scary

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Clearly. And there is no relation IMO, to what happened in this case and that of assisted suicide for people who are at end-of-life decisions.

This case went beyond basic encouragement. He got out of the car. He really didn't want to die and at 18, his brain wasn't developed enough to even comprehend the consequences. Worse than that though, she heard him dying. Actually heard him dying, knew that's what was happening, and she didn't call 911 to get him help. That is a contributory factor in his death.

Bengal B and KyleK like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well havent looked at all the facts but if she didnt call 911 thats a game changer for me, lock the bitch up along with Hilary. Its still a slippery slope however

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I would've liked to have sat in on that trial to hear the defense

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"was “involuntarily intoxicated” while doing so, her defense attorneys claimed....her lawyers claimed that Conrad Roy had a history of depression and suicide attempts....

Her lawyers also argued that Carter was troubled herself and the effects of prescription medication led to her erratic behavior. Dr. Peter Breggin testified Monday that Carter was on the antidepressant Celexa, which targets parts of the brain that control empathy and decision-making. He said she was “psychotic, delusional, and out of touch,”

The only problem with that is she knew she had culpability, "his death is my fault like honestly I could have stopped him I was on the phone with him and he got out of the car because it was working".

And she had asked him (at 5:17PM) to delete the text messages prior to the attempt, "Did you delete the text messages?"

At 8:02, "He just called me…I heard moaning like someone was in pain and he wouldn't answer when I said his name…"

At 8:25, "I think he just killed himself"

Later that night, she texted Roy's sister, "Hey, Camdyn, like, do you know where your brother is?"

She never did report anything. In fact, he wasn't found until the next day after his mother reported him as missing and the police started to search.

And the next night she texted Roy's mother, "I am so very sorry. Conrad meant so much to me"

She told investigators she didn't think she'd had contact with him on the day of the suicide. "I was talking to him on the phone… like, the night before the 12th, like the phone, like hung up but I didn't -- didn't really think anything of it."

So she knew what she was doing. She never called 911 to help him, never notified the police or family that she knew he was likely dead, lied to the police about it, went to his funeral and cried like a spouse, held a fundraiser in HER hometown. She wanted attention. She didn't care about him and no drug defense will convince me that she was just lacking a little empathy.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I can see shane claiming involuntarily sober but whats this involuntarily drunk stuff.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Bengal B likes this.