This should frighten everyone

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Big difference between expressing your opinions and deliberately manipulating somebody into killing himself. When I first saw the story I was on her side but now that I know what really happened I hope she turns 21 in prison doing life without parole.
    I'll bet her mama tried to raise her better but her pleading she denied. That leaves no one but her to blame.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It all starts somewhere.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yes, I get the whole "slippery slope" argument. But I've always been of the mind that every "right" comes with a "responsibility." Encouraging a suicidal person to pull the trigger is hardly a responsible exercise of any right.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Same. I read the story when it first happened and I've always been pretty hard on suicidal people because it's so selfish.

But his age, 18, and prior attempts which she knew about first made me question things. To then find out that she admitted to hear him dying but did nothing to help is what made me change my mind. Especially after he initially stopped and got out of the car only to have her callously tell him to get back in. How much carbon monoxide had he inhaled at that point? How much had it impacted his thinking?

Any decent human being, hearing someone die but doing nothing, is a piece of shit.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I used to share that sentiment but have since softened my position. Reason being, most people, when they've reached the point that they're willing to end it, are not "in their right mind."

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Of course he wasn't in his right mind but he stepped out of his vehicle indicating he had second thoughts about it. She should have realized he was serious and talked him out of it but she chose to talk him back into it. Send the bitch to the baddest men's prison and put her in general population.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Again the girl is dispicable and has no soul but where does getting in trouble for what you say end? You could simply hurt someones feelings and should they commit suicide would you be liable?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Try yelling fire in a crowded theater and if somebody gets trampled to death in the panicked rush to get out you could be charged with manslaughter.

Not all speech is free of consequences

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That's true. But at least that is defined.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or entering into a verbal contract to perform a service and taking the money and not showing up. Fraud. Lying in court - perjury.