This should frighten everyone

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 18, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

There were texts of her urging him to do it after he said he wanted to but couldn't muster the nerve.

She wanted the attention as the girlfriend of a suicide victim.

KyleK likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think this is the main point. I have been conflicted because I believe we are all ultimately responsible for our own choices but this case has other facts involved.

"She encouraged her boyfriend to take his own life so she could seek attention as the "grieving girlfriend", the trial heard....

Hang yourself, jump off a building, stab yourself I don't know there's a lot of ways," she said in several messages sent in the two weeks before his death, as he was on holiday with his family.

In the moments before his suicide, she wrote: "You need to do it, Conrad" and "All you have to do is turn the generator on and you will be free and happy."

In another message, she wrote: "You're finally going to be happy in heaven. No more pain. It's okay to be scared and it's normal. I mean, you're about to die."

Prosecutors argued that Carter had manipulated Mr Roy, who had a history of depression and suicide attempts, into taking his own life, advising him that it would be "painless".

As Mr Conrad's truck filled with poisonous carbon monoxide, he left his vehicle to speak on the phone, with Carter, who was nearly 30 miles (48km) away at the time.
    Investigators did not have a recording of that call, but in a text to a friend, Carter described what was said.

"Sam, [the victim's] death is my fault like honestly I could have stopped him I was on the phone with him and he got out of the [truck] because it was working and he got scared and I f****** told him to get back in Sam because I knew he would do it all over again the next day and I couldnt have him live the way he was living anymore I couldnt do it I wouldnt let him," she wrote after his death.

Another message to her friend stated: "I was on the phone talking to him when he killed himself. I heard him dying."

She also contacted a friend when she learned that investigators were looking through Mr Roy's phone.

"They read my text messages to him I'm done", the accused wrote, adding, "his family will hate me and I could go to jail".

That bitch can go fuck herself. I hope she suffers every single day for what she put this kid through.

KyleK and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what she put this kid through? This kid is a fucking pussy. He should have killed himself the little twat.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The girl is a vile low life make no mistake about that but to say words kill and you can go to jail is extremely dangerous. I feel for the kid but the larger issue trumps

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He was someone with psychological problems and depression. She knew that. I'm not about words as weapons but it takes a true anti-social asshole to listen to someone die and not call for help or put a stop to it.

He got out of the car for God's sake.....he had doubts. She knew that. She is sick, pathetic, and inhuman IMO. Her admitting that she might face jail times tells me all I need to know. She was willingly callous and it resulted in someone else's death. So again, fuck her.

KyleK likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

that, to me, is the only evidence that should be used to prosecute.

KyleK and uscvball like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I really don't see how this is any different from cyberbullying. Many states are beginning to treat this as criminal behavior.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Darwinism

9. BAY0U BENGAL

Big time. It's a felony in MS

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We are well on our way to the point where we can't say anything anymore without the fear of being prosecuted.