This pic was on the front page of the Lexington Herald-leader

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 10, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Reminds me of the dyslexsic, insomniac, agnostic. He lay awake all night wondering Is There a Dog?

2. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I will open with the following statement before I begin my closing argument: I actually rank LSU fans at the top of the SEC in class and behavior based on my experiences, just behind USC fans. Therefore I am not predjudiced or biased againts LSU fans in any way other than positive.

hotdog, put YOUR glasses on, then try looking 14 seconds into the footage linked below. At that moment your client puts his hand on UK #31 who is on the ground in anguish. #31 looks up at your client and then your client begins his dance of victory between the two UK players. No, your client was not in their faces the entire time, but he was definitely pushing the limit.

Looks like your client retreated behind an LSU player far faster than the UK fan did.

If the UK fan was starting something that he couldn't finish doesn't that mean that your client would have pursued it if he hadn't been quaking in his boots. The UK fan was just as bad, although maybe, and I did say MAYBE, more justified.

I never claimed your client went on the field intending to pick a fight, but the stupidity of his actions did almost create this result.

Taunting fans back because they taunted you is very third grade of your client. Many great men have stated this and it is well worth repeating to the fans, since the players all seem to understqnd it so well: "Act like you've been there before."

I am respondoing to this thread as a college football fan first, a Bama fan second, because it saddens me to see how far down we have all fallen as fans in relations to class. Fans all over the country have gotten way out of control (This includes the UK idiots who stormed the field early and harassed LSU players! This includes the Bama student section that threw cups on the field at a game earlier this year! This includes the kid who got decked for telling the Miami players goodbye after the Marshall game Tuesday! This includes the Miami coach who decked him!). It enrages me and makes me sad. Sorry to take it out on you and your roommate.

cowboy taps the uk player then gets shoved from behind

I am done now.

3. SabanFan

Objection, your honor.

The Miami reference is hearsay and should be stricken.

4. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I haven't decided what the true story is yet, and at this point in time, have heard the kid's brother say they weren't taunting, just telling the Miami players goodby, which sounds like taunting to me, and the coach claims he thought these guys were after his players. I tend to believe the coach decked him because he was mad and the kid was a little too happy, but we'll have to wait and see what the Gand Jury determines. I do suspect both sides have some blame in this one though.

5. SabanFan

Who knows the real story.

Miami O's coach also said that there were (death?) threats against his team and anxiety was running very high. If I had a death threat against me and I saw some yahoo coming at me out of the corner of my eye, I just might react as well.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

yeah the whole Miami thing is weird

based on the behavior of the other coaches (see the coaches room) makes me think they aren't very intelligent in the first place and attacking a fan would be within their diminished capacities.

However, IF they really felt that fan was going after a Miami player (physically I mean), the attack is not an attack, rather it is defense . .and therefore warranted.

Just another reason fans shouldn't be on the field.

7. SabanFan

It's a safe bet...

That Miami's QB (Roethlis something) won't be sending Marshall's coach an e-mail.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

the trip

Do you have your ticket to the big game