This pic was on the front page of the Lexington Herald-leader

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 10, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Rules of fandom...according to GL12

Now, straight from the law offices of Glenlivet, Glenlivet and another Glenlivet with a beer chaser, the rules of fandom according to Glenlivet12...

I think any fans who interfere with play or players in any physical way should be shot. This includes but is not limited to, throwing objects on the field during play, throwing objects at players at any time, confronting players at any time, entering the field at any time, etc. Notice that fans are at liberty to scream their @$$=$ off in my model and still have their impact on the game, and be awarded the sum of 6 beers or shots of Glenlivet for their efforts.

Other reasons for being shot would include being a fair-weather fan, sitting quietly at games (if you can't clap and yell loudly, bring a megaphone and some woodblocks in, but make some damn noise!), fans who refuse to stand up during the games (if you cannot physically do it, request seats in a section designed for people with physical limitations, etc., but don't sit in the stands yelling "Sit down!" to the fans who are too involved to sit still), taunting the opposing fans when you are sitting in their section at their stadium (not only is this not very good sportsmanship, it is STUPID!), taunting the opposing fans period, leaving the game early for anything other than an emergency (limited to things like births and deaths), and booing players or coaches ever (booing refs is an offense that generally rates a free beer or scotch in my opinion).

Lesser penalties will be enforced for any fan leaving their seat to use the bathroom during any point during the game, fans who continually go to the concessions stands, fans who continually purchase concesions from the vendors in the stands, fans who arrive fashionably late for the game (this is ONLY acceptable if you were outside trying to find tickets at a reasonable price or passed out from your tailgate party and awoke in the horror of knowing the game was already started), fans who misfire on highfives and miss the other guy's hand, season ticket holders who do not really want to go to games, but want to have tickets as a prestige thing, fans who sell their tickets to a scalper or randomly or to a fan from the other school (this one might be actually be punishable by death by hanging from the opposing school's flag in the stadium) and fans who are not watching the game.

Follow the above rules and guidelines and you'll have much fun and never be the subject of controversy debating your loyalty to your program...

2. lsucow

lsucow Founding Member

look guys i still havent seen the video yet, can anyone tell me where to see it?

also, one thing about being on the field:

the winning teams fans cannot celebrate any less that the losing teams fans, i had to storm the field

3. msully

msully Founding Member

a great game

(Thier) What is that word I can not find it What is (feild )?? I can not find it either You and your team the Ky wildcats best be getting ready to play VANDY _WHOOO VANDY_WHOOOO?LOL

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Cow Dude...

The link to the video is in the 1st post of this thread.

5. SabanFan

My mistake.

It's in the 1st post of the "Cow Man" thread. Sorry about that.

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

A little perspective

Listen people, I watched the damn video and everyone acts like he got hit with a baseball bat or got punched in the face. You can plainly see he gets shoved, from behind I might add, and falls over the Kentucky player. How is that getting slammed? Then the coward quickly walks away and you can see cowboy looking for him. As for taunting the Kentucky players, do you see him getting in any Kentucky players face? NO!! What moron would want to go taunt a player that just lost a game like that and is a good 70 heavier? He would kill cowboy. That's like drag racing without a seatbelt and helmet. You can tell he isn't even looking at the player. He is taking advantage of an awesome picture. Anyone consider maybe he was elated for that victory? DUH!!! I was so overwhelmed by the pure joy of the victory, how can you not be screaming and jumping around?? I would not of gone on the field but you can bet a wad of money I would be equally as ecstatic as cowboy.
    Kentucky fans let it go!!! the game is over, it is thursday now!! I hope you lose to vandy just because of the incessant griping and how caught up over the loss you are. Don't you think LSU has had heartbreaking losses also? Your still going to finish the season with a winning record so stop whining and look to the future.
    Cowboy is my roomate and none of you people know him like I do. He's got a big heart and does not want to hurt anybody I assure you. He conducts himself WITH class and respect. Everyone makes mistakes so give him a freakin break, and stop acting like you were perfect angels when you were a student. I've never seen so many people who lacked simple objective reasoning. Lets all try to get off the self-righteous trip and enjoy the rest of the season.
    GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

7. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

hey hotdog! where's the perspective?

Talking about objectivity, your blind loyalty to your roommate has tainted yours. First of all, he clearly does run out and tap the first UK player on the shoulder in the beginning of the footage. Now, whether intentional or not, he looked down at and then touched the player then started ranting and raving for the cameras, RIGHT BETWEEN TWO PLAYERS SQUATTING/SITTING ON THE FIELD FEELING THE AGONY OF THEIR IMPOSSIBLE DEFEAT!!!!! That was taunting the players no matter how innocent his intent. I also contend that he did not really go looking for his 'attacker' as much as he stood up astonished, looked around in confusion and what appears to be fear, then backed himself behind the first LSU monster player with a group of fans he could find and hide behind. He said in a post quoted just a few before this one that his 'attacker' was a "wussy" for not showing his face and hiding from him after the push. The 'attacker' never hid and never backed away, he just stayed with the flow while 'cowboy' ran off looking terrified to hide behind some lineman from LSU. Speaking of which, since it was just a fan and not a player who outweighed cowboy by 70 lbs., does this mean that cowboy, who "does not want to hurt anybody I assure you" would have retaliated if his 'attacker' HAD shown his face? Sounds like that's what he was inferring with his comment. And regardless of his intentions and excitement over the amazing victory, he himself said he was out taunting the UK fans who entered the field 11 seconds too early, which does not demonstrate class or respect.

Anyway, everybody (except me of course!) HAS done their share of stupid things in life, especially those of us who have had the pleasure of being students and enjoying the activities associated with major college football at its best. The best thing to do is learn from what mistakes you do make and not repeat them.

Enough said, I'll stop beating this horse if you'll do the same...

One final comment, cowboy does realize that all the publicity he so desperately wanted (much of which has been controversial or bad) will probably, and unfortunately, mean he has a target on his back at future appearances.

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Excuse me???

Maybe you need to get some glasses glen but he never touches the players or gets in their face. Those players don't even realize he is there. Then the fan that pushes him over goes and hides behind that kentucky player that stands up. Just another example of how Kentucky couldn't finish what they started. And the 70 pound heavier person is referring to a FOOTBALL player and not that heehaw fan. Like I said, I know him much better than any of you people do, so yes I assure you he wasn't going on the field to pick a fight. How about this glen, what if that fan confronted cowboy and cowboy would of been the bigger man and walked away. I mean you tell me since your such an expert. So how about you learn from your mistakes and stop making ignorant and prejudiced assumptions about someone you have never met before. As for taunting the fans, DUH! Did it occur to you they were taunting our fans the entire time before that. Well glen, next time something phenomenal like that happens, we should all just put half smiles on our face and make nice with the fans who were just badgering us. Get real. Don't preach to me about objectivity.
    Why are you even responding to this thread??? Did I direct any of my comments to an Alabama fan?? NO. So why don't you spend your time discussing relevent topics that pertain to Alabama like this weekends game instead of blasting me with your fallable opinions. Ok? Are we done? Good.

9. SabanFan

I agree with Hotfod

And I said it earlier in this thread. Cow dude clearly is NOT directing any taunts at the players. He is clearly looking beyond them. Somebody should have covered those players with a blanket. Shock symptoms for sure.

10. SabanFan

Re: I agree with Hotfod

Obviously I meant HotDOG.