This pic was on the front page of the Lexington Herald-leader

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 10, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Re: Re: it was right after

actually he's not JUST a bobsledder! he's an Olympic Medalist, chiropractor, soon-to-be professional football player, and maybe someday a medalist in the pole vault!

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

actually TT .

the girls in that bball game were balling pretty well . the short girl nailed a three and there were some nice left handed lay ups involved . . .

My opinion on that footage . . .(if anyone cares) . .is pretty much right on with TT . .

I think he probably was taunting the players as he chose a spot right between two of them. Also, after getting pushed over, I think cowguy was a bit concerned for his safety and it was interesting to see him get as close to people in purple and gold as possible. I also agree that no one (home fans included) should EVER go on the field . .and yes that means I did not like Auburn storming the field last year after Florida. But that is not ever a call for violence either. However, I do also think that the "tie-guy" was also running on the field and looked like he was going to be going after Randall.

Two wrongs don't make a right though . . .

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Arena football is NOT professional football sir.. ;)

However it is cool he is a gold medalist. I respect ANYONE who has one of those.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Re: Re: it was right after

To continue the digression, I place Chiropractors and "soon to be pro football players" in the same category: Professional Wannabes.

5. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

The short girl shooting the three brought that game to within two points before the other team blasted them by 56 I think.

Exactly my points about Clark's many vocations, advocations, hobbies or whatever the hell they are.

It did look like Mr. Craig throwing the passes in the footage.

Now, straight from the law offices of Glenlivet, Glenlivet and another Glenlivet with a beer chaser, the rules of fandom according to Glenlivet12...

I think any fans who interfere with play or players in any physical way should be shot. This includes but is not limited to, throwing objects on the field during play, throwing objects at players at any time, confronting players at any time, entering the field at any time, etc. Notice that fans are at liberty to scream their @$$=$ off in my model and still have their impact on the game, and be awarded the sum of 6 beers or shots of Glenlivet for their efforts.

Other reasons for being shot would include being a fair-weather fan, sitting quietly at games (if you can't clap and yell loudly, bring a megaphone and some woodblocks in, but make some damn noise!), fans who refuse to stand up during the games (if you cannot physically do it, request seats in a section designed for people with physical limitations, etc., but don't sit in the stands yelling "Sit down!" to the fans who are too involved to sit still), taunting the opposing fans when you are sitting in their section at their stadium (not only is this not very good sportsmanship, it is STUPID!), taunting the opposing fans period, leaving the game early for anything other than an emergency (limited to things like births and deaths), and booing players or coaches ever (booing refs is an offense that generally rates a free beer or scotch in my opinion).

Lesser penalties will be enforced for any fan leaving their seat to use the bathroom during any point during the game, fans who continually go to the concessions stands, fans who continually purchase concesions from the vendors in the stands, fans who arrive fashionably late for the game (this is ONLY acceptable if you were outside trying to find tickets at a reasonable price or passed out from your tailgate party and awoke in the horror of knowing the game was already started), fans who misfire on highfives and miss the other guy's hand, season ticket holders who do not really want to go to games, but want to have tickets as a prestige thing, fans who sell their tickets to a scalper or randomly or to a fan from the other school (this one might be actually be punishable by death by hanging from the opposing school's flag in the stadium) and fans who are not watching the game.

Follow the above rules and guidelines and you'll have much fun and never be the subject of controversy debating your loyalty to your program...

6. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Let me preface this by saying that I'm as big an LSU fan as anyone here....been one for 27 years. That being said, I'm a little embarrassed by cowkid's actions. And I don't mean the taunting because there was another camera that the cowkid was facing, you can tell if you look at the photos that were taken. I don't think he was really taunting the players....I think he was acting incredibly immature.

Now the fan that pushed the kid is also an embarrassment to UK. Looked to be a grown man with a little age on him pushing a kid in anger. And probably not so much because of what the kid was doing, but because he was angry at the outcome of the game. So, hey, we all got them and none of us should feel responsible for their actions....OR defend their actions just because we are unfortunate enough to attend the same school.

I'm a tournament baseball coach with 10 and under kids. We travel all over the south playing tournaments and have been very successful. My number one rule is that celebrating is not allowed until after you shake the hand of your opponent and tell them good game...and after we celebrate, but not excessive. The reason is what is truly lacking in sports today...SPORTSMANSHIP and RESPECT...for your opponent and the game you're playing. But that shouldn't only apply to the kids on the field, it should also apply to the fans in the stands. UK didn't show it and neither did this one LSU fan IMO.

7. SabanFan

To dplsu

I do not disagree with anything you said. I admire those like yourself who volunteer their own time to yout activities. Emotions, however, are powerful. Especially when swung 180 degrees in so short a time period. LSU Cow was elated. KY Fan was pissed. What happened happened. No one got hurt so no foul.

8. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Thanks SabanFan. It's a little deeper than that though. It was a very emotional game and ending. My friends, family and I all jumped up, cheered, slapped high fives, etc... which is what should happen.

What I don't like is fans on both sides who turn this event into a forum for some kind of self promotion. This cowkid, first of all dressed to draw attention to himself, and then, chose to display his emotion in a way that I feel is inappropriate. He didn't score the winning touchdown, throw the pass, or play in the game in any way. But chose to run in front of a camera and react in a way that I feel draws attention away from the accomplishment on the field. Fans should always stay in the stands and celebrate accordingly....NO tearing down goalposts, taunting players, etc... What brought a smile to my face was the dog pile in the endzone...not the antics of the fans on the field....Well, I did get a little pleasure seeing the UK fans running on the field and then realizing they had lost.

I agree with coach Saban when he said he felt happy for his players and bad for the UK players. I felt the same way. Why is it appropriate to run in front of cameras and in the faces of players and pour salt in their wounds? And the same goes for the UK fans. I think it is totally classless and unfortunate.

SabanFan, you are right....No Foul....maybe some harm though in the long run. We LSU fans need to learn to deal with success just as much as our players do, and cowkids antics are an example of that.

9. SabanFan

dplsu

Again, your points are all valid and I do not disagree. The antics to which we refer are perpetrated by young college kids. Surely you recall some youthful indiscretions.. I just live in the real world and the fact is that at college games some kids will get a little out of hand. As long as no one gets hurt, I can look the other way. It's the drunk adults and armchair QBs in the stands that get under my skin.

10. SabanFan

I should say..

the drunk OBNOXIOUS adults...