This pic was on the front page of the Lexington Herald-leader

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 10, 2002.

1. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I'm sitting here, without a dog in the...

fight, just musing. I was in Knoxville for our win a couple of weeks ago - and it was about as emotional as it gets, after you've lost seven years in a row to those SOBs, but I saw nothing like either of these incidents. A few fans went on the field after the game, but just to share cigars with our players. UT did have a bunch of stern-looking cops guarding the goal posts, but they didn't realize we don't do goal posts. As I said on another forum - "KY doesn't have much experience in pulling out squeakers." (g)

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

WELL (using my best Jack Benny impersonation)...If we're not going to bash KY fans anymore I might as well leave.

3. msully

msully Founding Member

so he did get hit

In the KY message board their is a kid who claims he nailed him maybe he did

4. msully

msully Founding Member

Re: i definitely feel for UK fans

I thought how nice of these folks in KY to shoot off fireworks and tear down their goal posts for a great pass and catch and a winning touchdown it was true sportsmanship on their part . I thanked them for making it feel like a home game for LSU and us the LSU fans .

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Will, you are a real weenie for coming on an LSU board and dissing our fans and our school. The whole country saw the KY fireworks, the dousing, the students lining the field, tearing down the goalposts, etc. All were insults to fair play, sportsmanship, and a special insult to the LSU team that was still playing football. The entire friggin' country is embarrassed for the Kentucky fans lack of style. You should be embarrassed too.

But coming in here and dumping on the TigerCow is a total loser act. Like LSU fans weren't going to celebrate! He isn't even looking at the KY player. And he didn't come on the field during the game unlike about 500 UK fans. You are helping to make him into a folk hero for LSU.

6. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Not to keep this somewhat pointless discussion going but, didn't anyone else notice the UK fan that ran into the endzone after Devery had scored and pushed him in the back? That's what bothered me the most. It happened right before the dog pile.

Personally, I don't agree with tearing down the goalposts in any situation. It's dangerous and just a silly way to celebrate a victory. It gives the impression that whatever you just accomplished was a fluke.

Geaux Tigers, beat Bama.....I have A LOT of duckies on this game.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Looks Like

Looks like he was tring to knock the ball from his hands to me.

The are going to want to beat the crap out of us in BBall.

8. BlueBalls

BlueBalls Freshman

Cow boy gettin' slammed!

So cow boy claims he didn't taunt UK players? Well the video tells a different storey. Frankly, I think he should have gotten slammed a lot harder! Check it out. Click the the link and then "Sports at you Desk" its at the end of the 4 minute sports video.

Cow boy getting slammed

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Thanks for the link but I had to bail out when I was forced to watch Highlights of Girls High School basketball. Nothing is worth sitting through that.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

it was right after

HS Girls Basketball . . .

BTW . I didn't have any sound, who was that WR they were talking about early in the footage. It looked like a 20 pounds heavier Dameyune Craig.