This is the best 2QB system I have seen so far

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 9, 2011.

1. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

As the title suggests, this is the best 2QB system I have seen so far in today's game. Personally, I hate 2QB system for every bit of it, but somehow CLM comes up with a tremendous plan that makes both JJ and JLee shine in their share of the reps. I am aware of that it is too early to make any conclusive assertion about how 2QB system works best for us simply based on one game's performance, but I just can't help praising CLM for how well he handles this nerve-wracking situation and utilizing both of them to the best advantages. Good job CLM and Geaux Tigers!!:miles:

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I agree......i think this will be the best 2 qb's lsu has put on the field together.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I don't think it is a 2 QB system. I think it's a 2 QBS with one the starter and the other might see playing time.

They don't rotate !!!

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I think JJ's strengths are better utilized as a change up QB as was done yesterday. He did well .. and it was effective. I really like the little jump pass in the endzone.

JLee did well yesterday as well ... considering that they held him back! 7/10, 154 yrds, 1 TD .. and 0 ints.

Miles may have found a way to utilize both of these guy in a way that will actually work.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

anytime you play 2 qb's not because of injury.......it's a 2 qb system, there's certain possesions the second qb will recieve regardless of whats happening. If the starter is not playing well then the 2nd qb will get more series.....that's a 2 qb system. We can't stick our head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have to admit JJ looked good on that one long pass to Peterson. That was an impressive throw for him 20 yards down the field.

The dump off pass to Shepard was timed perfectly as well.

He does look a lot more comfortable back there. I can't help but think that Lee's success this year is rubbing off on him and he knows he has to play at that high a level if he is to stay on the field

If they can push each other to be even better, then LSU on offense is better off.

1 person likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've never understood the phobia about 2 quarterbacks. I've seen it fail and I've seen it be very successful. With two seniors that have traded starting jobs for four years, I think Les holds all the cards and can manage it.

8. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Bottom line is this: JL deserves to remain the starter and JJ deserves to play. There had to be a reason that JJ was considered the starter leading up to the season. Miles has done an admirable job of handling both and this situation, which was/is a stick situation. I think it is obvious that JJ is a change of pace guy this year. It is obvious to me, and I hope the coaches as well, that JJ runs the play action offense much, much better than he does the read option crap. If we keep the snaps the same, with JL getting the lion's share and JJ running the same play action offense, but able to use his legs if pocket breaks down, LSU will be a very dangerous team. We may not have a 2 QB system, which everyone fears, but we may have a two headed monster, that everyone fears.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Chris Leak and Tebow won a NC with it at Florida in 2006. LSU did the same the next year with Flynn and Perriloux. I'm not saying it's the best system, but it can and will work all the way to New Orleans.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The thing is, there are a number of teams that would like to have our third string QB (Mett), Fla. being one. If people don't see a change in playcalling with KragStuds, you are missing some good football. They just add to the playbook every week.:tigereye: