This is simply a poorly coached team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Its not too late for you to leave the flock of buzzards and start soaring with eagles.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

E doesnt decide up tempo in that situation the HC does. Besides thought all close to TD plays are reviewed automatically.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah they are unless you have a moron for a head coach who has his team run to up the line of scrimmage to run the next play.

Jesus.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I am torn with coach O and Ensminger, but only because of the play calling at times and results on the field. But I will admit I am not a coach and don't know even a little of what they know. So I can only complain that we did not beat a few teams we should have, and we scored 0 points against Alabama AGAIN. This team deserved to be in the playoffs and missed it, and I can't say it was the players fault. They played their hearts out.

As far as last night that was an insane game, coming off of another insane game. I don't think this game says anything towards the coaches at all, but that is my opinion. I can totally see how someone sees an undisciplined team after watching the game and the A&M game and blaming the coaches. But in the ends these are young men still learning.

The UCF players came out and played all out for another imaginary national championship game. LSU did not even have close to the best team on the field. Bad play calls, ejections, 9 out of 11 starters not on the field and playing a UCF team that is trying to win a national championship in their head again. Looked exactly like I would imagine, LSU looked flat and then some questionable hits woke them up and it got chippy.

In the end I only watched this game because it was LSU. I refuse to watch any other bowl game. They are pointless games and I think until they start paying the players I think the players should sit out the bowls in protest.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

^I meant to mention the Refs and their calls in the past two games, and didn't. Reffing has been pretty bad through the LSU lenses this year, man. I had my toe in the conspiracy after the PP interception, but this year has me fully in. Reffing needs to be fixed in the SEC and in general.

The targeting shit needs to be fixed all around.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The problem with the refs is that the game gets faster and faster, and the refs are not able to keep up. Football has gotten too intense, and fast. Having said that, there were some terrible calls against us last night. Terrible!

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So on the first drive
    so there was no play because the referees stopped it for the penalty. There was still time to review.
    I understand and agree that there was a risk in the HU but there was also reward in catching UCF not as ready.
    I’d say this was more on the zebras than O. Likewise to ignore the defensive holding/PI/mugging on the pick 6 is inexcusable for the zebras and hard to pin on O or E

Rolan likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Forgot to indicate sarcasm. :p

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Had the play worked he would be a genuis. You need a fundamental football coaching class. The Fundamental Football Coaching 101 class is not for you I recommend the remedial Fundamental Football Coaching 90 course to start with. BTW the refs can negate the play and review anytime, they had no intention of doing that if you watch a replay of the game. Oh forgot you don't do that.

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I had no hate until they hit Joe and then some dick wad stood over top of him while he was clearly hurt and yelled at him. No issue with the fans, but the team can kiss our asses and take that fat loss we just gave them.

Brian likes this.