This is Jarrett Lee's offense. He got us to #1.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I get it that JJ was the pre-season starter & that he is now back on the team, but we are 4-0 thanks to a kid who patiently waited his turn knowing that he may never make it to the #1 spot. JJ made his own bed & opened the door to Lee. Lee has elevated himself to a spot where people are calling him the #1 QB in the SEC. Gone are the calls of multiple pick-6s & bad decision making. He has improved greatly under Kragthorpe.

To me, he is the starter & the QB we should all be behind. JJ can possibly be used in specific situations, but we should not move JJ to #1, or even go to that dreaded 2 QB system we ran last year.

Jarrett Lee is my QB & the job is his all the way to New Orleans in January!

1 person likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While he throws a beautiful ball, rewatch the MooU game and you'll see that had the defender not dropped the ball, Lee would've thrown another pick6.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

There have been some great articles written about lee lately. There is a site that has A link to every article, or close to it, that is written about lsu. If anyone is intrested here's the site:
    LSU Football - Geaux Tigers!!!
    there were a dozen articles about lsu today alone. I go to it every day and have for atleast a year. I enjoy it and I think you may also.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Don't have to watch it, I remember it well. I remember Mauck throwing a pick six right out the gate against Eli and Ole Miss too. Means nothing.
    I have watched the SEC title game in a sports bar the last few years with JJ and some of the most talented recievers we have ever had. When you aint got it, you aint got it. I'm in the small category of fans who have seen enough of that dumbass look (which way did he go george) following another 3 and out way before the Shady's incident.

1 person likes this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

1 person likes this.
  6. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Every QB throws a bad ball once in a while. Look at Drew Brees last week against the Texans. I think he had 2-3 INTs in the first half last Sunday.

The difference is that when JL was on the field in past years, we all had our butts puckered if he was opting to pass. This year, I have not puckered once since the first quarter of the Oregon game.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I can't wait to see lee throw the ball. I love having a passing game again. I love seeing lsu have a pocket passer. Just think, before the season and after jj's arrest, there were some saying we wouldn't score a td until the second half and would all be wishing jj was back. I remember it well.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This certainly muddies the waters, I suppose. But the bottom line is that JJ was hit with a charge that apparently did not fit his crime, and he's been through hell since then.

He's rejoined the team, and while I don't believe it will or should unseat JL, we'll ultimately be a better team with him on it. The players want him. The coaches want him.

The fans don't.

But, as Les Miles has proven time and time again, it doesn't really matter what the fans want when he's producing what the fans really want--winning seasons.

TOS is a disgrace today with idiots posting about boycottting games and nonsense like that because JJ is rejoining the team. They're still calling him a thug, etc. Right...

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

On the post Miles PC radio show last night, some callers even called in and pulled the silly race card. I think the ones who do not want JJ back are prob. afraid of JJ taking over the starter job from JL. Good thing Miles settled that right out of the gate.

JJ is not a thug , unlike Perilloux. Both JJ and JL are liked and trusted by the team, unlike the pair MF and RP, when some team members didn't trust RP. The presence of JJ on the team won't be devisive. I am very curious if JJ would come out and make a statement regarding his rejoining of the team, and what he aspires to achieve, including his support of Lee. That can have an immense effect on the cohesiveness of the team.

10. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Maybe, but he did drop it. So, no go for that point.