Military Thirteen Years...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by alfredeneuman, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So today is your birthday? I hope this one is a happier one than 13 years ago.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, I guess it is. And yes, better, much better.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, happy birthday, us married guys know the year after we got married we only really celebrate 1 birthday unless there are kids involved.

GregLSU and LSUTiga like this.
  4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I sincerely appreciate the thank yous. I will never be one of those guys who expects to be given anything, will not wear my uniform off-post except to and from my office. I've never felt comfortable wearing my blues or dress mess in public unless it's for a ball, funeral or wedding that someone specifically asked that I wear it. I'm proud of my service, but outside of a few specific events, I don't feel comfortable with the attention it brings.

The one thing that never gets old is thank you. I can't tell you how many times those two words have lifted me over the years. And I'm not ashamed to admit the words "thank you" probably saved me from ending my life.

To those of you on this board who have honorably served the people of this nation, thank you. Most importantly, a sincere thank you to every single one of you, whether you served or not, who refused to allow those stinky fucks to win, and continue to live the life YOU choose to live.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Thank you for serving our country and allowing us to enjoy the freedoms so many have given the ultimate sacrifice for, God bless.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I appreciate your sacrifices as well as those your family makes doing without you for long periods of time.

Thank you. Without good people like you willing to stand in the gap, we aren't free.

7. LaSalleAve

I also think the point that @alfredeneuman makes is a critical point. We should not only be extremely thankful to the men and women who make that sacrifice, but we also should never forget that it's not only for the flag, or the country, but for our way of life, for the ability to choose our own path. This is the thing that those rat bastards hate so much about us. Bin Laden's mission was to not only kill Americans but to kill our country, and to turn us against each other, for us to lose freedoms, or become a police state. Bravo to Americans for avenging 9-11, an act that killed people of all ethnic backgrounds, and turning that fucker's body into a maggot hole.

Anyway, got off topic but the point was I love that line, "continue to live the life you choose to live."

Bengal B likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Everything @alfredeneuman said a fee post up. I could not have said it better.

Always my brother J.

alfredeneuman likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A few years ago I spent a few months in the Virginia Beach area. There is a huge military presence there. My hotel was near the Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck where they train Seals wasn't far from there. In nearby Norfolk is the worlds largest Navy harbor and there is an Army base nearby on the road bordering Chesapeake Bay. On thing I noticed was how nice most of the military people I met were. Even their kids were more polite than kids in other places I have been.

At the Oceana Air Base there were fighter jets constantly taking off and landing every few minutes 24 hours a day. Some of my co workers complained about the constant noise. I would just tell them they were listening to the sound of freedom.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

I wouldn't mind jet sound, hell it's strange but I can't sleep without noise. I'd just pretend it was thunder and sleep like a baby.

Shane maybe you guys can shed some light on this too, my best friend is a marine, he spent time in Afghanistan and Iraq, and when he came home, for like 3 years he had his own place but didn't have a bed or a TV. I couldn't understand it. All he ever had was a few blankets, a pillow (which was luxury to him) books and a chess board. He just said you learn how live without shit, it's not needed, and never had a bed or TV again until he got married.