These 1st Game Mutual Site Games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Aug 28, 2022.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I think if we are going to schedule yhese UCLA and Fla. St type games as our first game we should put in contracts that no game can be scheduled before we play.

Not that Fla St looked that good to me but just having a game under your belt is an advantage.

Im sure they didnt show their whole offense and defense cause they didnt have to to get the win.

It just doesnt seem right.

If we beat UCLA last season it could have made a difference.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Agree 100%

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would think that whomever is doing the scheduling at LSU knows or knew this before hand. Maybe... Schedules are usually mostly made up a few years in advance with only a few spots left open to "fill in" with non-conference stuff. Bottom line is I think this is more about money than anything else and turning down a payday because Free Shoes got to play whatever glorified HS team that was last week. Strap it up and play ball!

BornOnTheBayou and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Take this for what it's worth, but Moscona said yesterday that he asked around to coaches that he knows, and the majority said that they would prefer to be in the situation where they had game film on their opponent and there not be any game film on their own team. I'm not sure I would agree with that. I would think having the game experience is the bigger advantage, but what do I know, I'm no coach.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  5. shane0911

I can see the logic in both. I think it also depends on the quality of your opponent. Just my .02

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

In watching the game Fla. St kept their offense pretty basic because they didnt need to show much. I dont see how that is an advantage for us on film and i think the game under your belt is a definate advantage.

Our advantage is a new coach and they dont have the film to see.

I still would have rather played a southern first if we had the chance nd not show much in that game offensive ly or defensive ly

7. shane0911

Lots you can see. Weakness in technique on the lines, speed, strength, route running etc

mctiger likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Florida State is nowhere near the best team we will face this year. If we’re gonna be competitive, and I think we are, we need to kick their azzes, film or no film, game or no game experience. Geaux Tigers!

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

tho i'm disgusted about what college football's gonna turn into,.. it's clear that for this year anyhow, college football is still the game i love,.. and i can't wait,.. ducks play georgia saturday,.. woo hooo

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Not pulling for either team in this one. Just looking for a great well played game. I’m well stocked with the yearly release of my Octoberfest favotites.