The Worst Movies you've ever seen

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUgirlinTx, May 9, 2007.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Re: Worst Movies You've Ever Seen

I saw it. You are correct, sir. Also:

King Kong (Dino deLaurentis version from the '70s) Bad script, bad effects, bad Kong....just bad, bad, bad.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

No kidding. The only person I know that likes the movie is a girl.

That movie is bad, and Ben Affleck couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Speaking of which, Bounce was really bad.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I came across this last night on Encore. It's still as ridiculous as Tirk indicated.

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I run across this sort of thing frequently. I appraise old fishing tackle (I know it sounds weird, but some of it is worth a lot of bucks.)

Often I have to tell people their 'treasure' was not very good when it was made and age has done nothing to improve it.

Once a bad movie, always a bad movie. (Though sometimes movies that are popular in one era tend to become unpopular when that era passes.)

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

In the 70's, my wife and I had small children. Out of boredom, we decided to go to a drive in theater in Ft. Walton Beach. (where we lived) It had two screens. None of the movies seemed really worth going to. One starred some blonde that I knew her name. Nothing to brag on. But we decided to try it. The name of the movie was "Chatterbox." Turned out that it was about a "talking" vigina. Boy, did the heads of my two oldest boys pop up. I went to the concession stand and told the manager that I had made a huge mistake and I either wanted my money back, or be allowed to drive around to watch the other screen. Turns out that the other screen had "Trinity" and "They still call me Trinity." Two very, very funny westerns.

6. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

Granted, I don't like a lot of the movies many of you have put up here, but in the "Worst Movies" category for some of these tell me many of you have never watched made-for-TV movies or B-movies at all. Sure, a lot of Hollywood blockbusters are over hyped and won't ever make an AFI list, but WORST?

Worst movie I love: Sorority Babes at the Slimeball Bowl-a-Rama.

In the 90s, I used to watch Joe Bob Briggs' show, and that always featured BAD, TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, PITIFUL, PATHETIC "monster" movies. I also used to watch Hong Kong Theater on Saturday mornings that featured some really bad sound and special effects. I watched a few of those Cinemax features that go "Blah blah blah" and then people are naked.

Many of these movies are much WORSE than some of the movies mentioned on this thread. ET? Seriously? WORST? (Just using that as an example. I can name about 50 others in this thread. But I have to sit with you through ONE B-horror, hell, just one A-horror, like The Ruins, which I just saw a few weeks ago, a movie set in Mexico with some man-eating plants that could imitate human voices, and you might change your mind about some of your entries.)

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Terrebonne, you make an excellent point, but I think the thread turned to a "your" worst movies sort of thread.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzmdkPf3-0&feature=related[/media]
    Thought of a few others...

RoboCop 3
    - The first RoboCop goes down, in my opinion, as one of the best sci-fi movies ever. This one is incredibly cheesy. RoboCop freaking flies... WTF

The North and the South
    - My parents rented this a while back because they loved it back in the 80s. It's not completely horrible, but it's definitely not my cup of tea.

Billy Jack - One of my dad's favorite movies growing up. He rented it for us to watch and it was hilarious. So hilarious, we took it out mid way through.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQWCAVzM384&feature=related[/media]

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Billy Jack was really bad. In fact every Tom Laughlin film ever made was bad.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I always watch that movie he was in about the Bikers. Its a cheesy lame movie but I watch it anyway.:grin: