The truth about Uranium One: Fox "News" lies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Fox is nothing more than a Goebbels-type propaganda arm of the Republican Party... with no interest in truth, but a vast interest in keeping its incurious viewers enraged and in line.

I see posters here and elsewhere who apparently never venture away from Fox for their political information.... I can tell because you and they repeat nonsense that can be easily fact-checked and dispelled. You are being lied to... CONSTANTLY.

You really don't have to look past their push of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory to understand how shameless and disgusting Fox is, but then there's this Uranium One cockamamie bullshit.

Here's some truth for a change:

No, Hillary Clinton did not trade approval for the uranium sale for contributions to the Clinton Foundation. As only one of nine members who had to sign off on the sale, and only after it passed national security concerns, she had no such power to make that sort of deal:

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

No, Hillary Clinton did not accept $145 million from Uranium One investors to make the deal. The bulk of that money, $131 million, was made by a donor who divested himself of any Uranium One interest THREE YEARS before the sale:

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

No, Russia can not use uranium it extracts from American soil for nuclear weapons. The uranium mine is a Canadian-owned operation that must sell any mined uranium to American companies or the American government; any exception to that must be approved first by the government of the US:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

No, Russia did not buy up 20% of our uranium supply. And uranium is so cheap on the international market that it makes no sense that they would have had to bribe anybody to get some:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ercent-of-our-uranium/?utm_term=.dde0c1a23e41

Want more?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    watson1880 likes this.
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Sure!

By the way, if you are quoting Snopes, please go ahead and quote the Onion, too.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, what does this tell us about Fox and about Trump, who has been desperately tweeting that Hillary should be prosecuted for selling 20% of American uranium to Russia? Well, THEY KNOW BETTER, but they know YOU don't, and their experience has shown that you can be easily manipulated. They are trying to create a distraction from the Mueller investigation, while also trying to put you in the mindset that hey, if colluding with Russia is bad, so what... everybody does it.

So, GROW THE F*** UP. Learn to be skeptical about ANYTHING you hear. Investigate on your own.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

That some funny shit coming from you

watson1880 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just find it odd you care about Trumps financial ties to Russia when the Clinton's received large sums of money from Russia like its just normal day-to-day activities. Podesta received millions as well, yet, we are investigating Russian collusion....

So if you believe in Russian collusion, you should want to look into this as well. Why Bill was paid $500K by Russia.

watson1880 likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Some employees at Fox News were left embarrassed and humiliated by their network's coverage of the latest revelations in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling, according to conversations CNN had with several individuals placed throughout the network.

"I'm watching now and screaming," one Fox News personality said in a text message to CNN as the person watched their network's coverage. "I want to quit."

"It is another blow to journalists at Fox who come in every day wanting to cover the news in a fair and objective way," one senior Fox News employee told CNN of their outlet's coverage, adding that there were "many eye rolls" in the newsroom over how the news was covered.

The person said, "Fox feels like an extension of the Trump White House."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/31/med...-employees-russia-mueller-coverage0135PMStory

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's a lie. The CLINTON FOUNDATION received donations, where almost 90% of what they receive is paid out in medical services and medicines to poor people all over the world who otherwise couldn't get them.

You are spreading Fox's "Clinton Cash" lies... have you ever heard on that network that the Clinton Foundation is rated A+ by the country's two most respected charity monitoring organizations? No, I don't think you have. Refer back to my post where I admonish you to GROW THE FUCK UP and start double-checking the bullshit that is spewed in your direction.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bill was paid $500k by Russians to talk.

I thought Russia was evil. Why did he need to go talk to them?

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Did you even read the article you linked? Nobody denies that the Clinton Foundation receives donations and that Bill Clinton receives speaking fees.

The article doesn't say what you want it to say, nor does it dispute anything I've posted.