The TPP and Warren vs Obama

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, May 12, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

actually just the opposite. if Warren is opposing it it makes me wonder. She is one of the 2 or 3 decent politicians in Washington.

Rolan likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Long closed is the key factor. Long before NAFTA. The American economy simply cannot pay American white-collar wages for blue collar work any more. Labor intensive jobs have migrated overseas because of costs, not because of free-trade agreements. We simply cannot compete with cheap foreign labor. In America in the 21st century, decent jobs will be knowledge-based and will require high school diplomas and college degrees.

The free-trade agreements permit the things that America does manufacture--high-tech manufacturing, sophisticated Hollywood entertainment, music, aircraft, computers, space technology, etc. to have a market overseas. It prevents these countries from enacting unfair tariffs against our products, from pirating our music and movies, and protecting their own industries at our expense. With TPP Japan would have to allow American beef and other food products to be sold there. They would have to open their market to US cars and equipment. If they want to sell Toyota's here, they must reciprocate. The TPP spell out out to get around the protectionism and other problems now existing that are barriers to trade.

Tiger in NC and Winston1 like this.
  3. red55

Typical ham-fisted, one-watt Republican politics. You don't know a damn thing about the trade agreement or how it benefits America, nor do you care. But if Obama agrees with it, you must be against it. Obstructionism has become the hallmark of Republican politics and it is a millstone around their necks.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why is it if a Republican disagrees its obstruction but Warren gets a pass from you?

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I didn't say I disagree with it. I said it needs to be examined because I don't trust the Muslim sob.

Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. red55

Warren isn't a political party with a history of objecting to everything Obama does. Did she shut down the government to make a political statement?

Tiger in NC and LaSalleAve like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You honestly think Obama has no blame in any of it? Why was Bill able to work with republicans?

Please don't use some far right wing excuse.

8. red55

Now, you start asking new questions instead of responding to my reply about Warren. Same old shit. Adios.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's an easy one. And you just said it. Republicans weren't as nuts as they are today.

A lot of us used to identify with Republicans, they used to be the party of Lincoln, now they are a bunch of wing nut whack jobs.

Rolan likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Yes, but this has nothing to do with NAFTA, which is the North American Free Trade Agreement. Those textile mills and factories shipped all of their jobs to China and Vietnam. That said, many of those jobs are now coming back. Ashley Furniture took over an old RJ Reynolds plant about two years ago and, in addition to the existing structures which totaled around a million square feet, built a million square foot facility which employs roughly 1200 people at decent wages ($15 an hour and up) and they are planning to double that facility within the next three years. Klaussner Furniture has moved all of their assembly operations back to the area too.