Crime The Tamir Rice shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 26, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

http://news.yahoo.com/cleveland-release-video-boy-shot-officer-110012912.html

Just really bizarre how the cops handled this. The kid is ALONE in the park. They drive up on him within mere feet away from what they think is a kid with a REAL gun (allegedly). If you think he has a REAL gun, why the fuck you driving up on him with the prospect of him shooting into the cop car?

And lastly, you shoot the kid within 2 seconds of getting out of your car? Jesus fucking Christ.

The kid died in the hospital, btw.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So the moral of the story is a 12 year old should not go pointing a phucking gun at strangers or try to draw down on police, right? Of course.

Toy gun my ass, he was running a test to see if he could scare people to know if he could get them to hand over some cash. Why in the hell else would a 12 year old be doing that. When I was in the 7th grade I dam sure wasn't standing on street pointing a gun a passers-by. Not normal.

Sad thing is cop that pulled up so close messed up on two accounts. 1/ If he believed him to be a danger he should've parked a little farther and spoken to him. 2/ He put his partner in a difficult position in having to make a quick decision. One that, had he hesitated, COULD HAVE ended up with HIS life being ended had the gun the 12 year old reached for was real. If you have to roll the dice, you can't leave it to chance.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Anybody that pulls a fake gun on people or punches an armed cop are candidates for the Darwin Award. But cops have to be prepared to deal with crazy people and stupid people. It's why they are equipped with Tazers and pepper spray.

LSUTiga, StaceyO and gyver like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There was not time in that video for the kid to pull the gun on them. The kid literally got shot 2 seconds after the cops got there. 2 seconds.

The cops bum rushed him while he was playing. Not sure why you defend the cops in this situation. The gun was a toy.

Clearly, there is no possible way the kid tried to provoke anything.

The cops of intercoms. They could have parked away from him and called over to put the gun down.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I didn't see where he was point it at people? Where is that at?

When i was 12, me and my friends would shoot each other with BB guns.

I also had a CO2 hand gun for shooting vermin. Looked real as day.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

His gun did not have the orange tip on it that usually indicates a fake. The 911 caller told the dispatcher that he/she didn't think it was a real gun but the dispatcher did not relay that information to the responding officers. A rookie officer made a poor choice to say the least and I agree they should have parked at distance and attempted another method to disarm or gain compliance.

7. red55

I have defended noboby in this tread. Pay better attention.

Do you think we are stupid? The gun was a realistic replica and the cops were real, the perp was a dumbass, for doing anything other than raising his hands.

Assholes waving guns ( or apparent guns) at innocent people have surrendered their rights to be treated as anything other than a dangerous criminal and a threat to public safety. That's all there is to it, you liberal pussy.

tirk likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The kid was 12. he has no chance in life to be a liberal asshole waving a gun at that age.

The cops literally pulled up on him and shot him.

There wasn't even enouhg time to talk to the kid. That is not how they should have handled it and in fact, is not how they handle similar situations.

9. red55

Your politics get in the way of your logic.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Put up or shut up.

You are the one who threw that statement around.