The rush offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

The OL decline started when Miles took nothing but guards and tried to make them into tackles and centers.

The better move is take tackles and if you need to you convert them to guards. The Saints do this routinely.

That was a big reason the pass game struggled. Abundance of mauling guard types not the nimble footed tackles. .

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Alabama game was a travesty. We ran max protect essentially the entire game and they still got to us rushing 3 and 4. That means on the backend you have tops 3 receivers against 6 and 7 defenders. It’s unwinable

LSU_4_LIFE, lsu-i-like and Brian like this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Good catch on Jimmy Claussen.

But other than that this post is complete BS, according to the NFL & many articles written about our past OL.

I assume you know Miles was the Tight Ends coach for the Dallas Cowboys. He knows more about what to look for in player's frames & footwairk & with TE's route running & catching, than anyone on this board. That's exactly what he was doing when people here would complain about him just standing there folding his arms "Watching". How did I know this? I asked him. That's what he watched for most of the damn game.

He did not take frcking Guards & try to turn them into Tackles. Unless their was an injury. He said, many times in public (damn near every signing day) you can't do that & expect to win.

Tell me something..how many OL has LSU had taken in the 1st round in the last 50 years? Just ballpark...?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  4. LaSalleAve

First round I’d say Zero unless Whiteworth was.

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

2018-1968. 1....1st Round OL draft pick, Alan Faneca. La'el Collins would have been our second 1st round OL taken in 50 years, before the BRPD incident that owned draft day.

Whitworth was 2nd round.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

So Mike Detillier is full of BS? He was the first that pointed out Miles flawed system for years before he was fired. Never take guards over tackles. Why do you think we went from only losing to Bama to losing 3 or 4 other games a year?

When Aranda got here we had 3 scholarship linebackers. Had more kickers and deep snappers on scholarship than linebackers. .

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We have better than 106th ranked talent tho.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Here is the thing we don't know yet Kiki.
    What if we keep the same offense scheme with all the experience and new talent and continue to get shut out versus bama and lose to 1 other team.

Then what you have is Les Miles and that wasn't good enough for people. I still thought Les Miles was a good coach and expectations are tough to meet.

We ran off a coach that averaged over 10 wins a year.

So Orgeron understands that 9 or 10 wins may keep your job a few years but he better throw in some bama wins and a championship in there. Wait Miles did that too.

Orgeron needs to win every game year after year. And his offense has to score points on a consistent basis to do that. Maybe your right this oline gets experience and our defense stays the same and we get good QB and rb play and our recievers develop we will be tough to beat if we perform in the games.

And bama will still have the advantage

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Absolutely Mike Detilier is full of shit! There is no question. Do you remember the "Kansas City Papers" incident? There were .like 12-15 NFL coaches that called out Detllier as being full of shit. Claimed untrue & irresponsible journalism. In Detillier's "Allegations", he even called Michael Clayton as an "Underachiever" under Les Miles. One problem, Clayton never played for Les Miles. Oops! The dumbest thing was his idea that college players should be able to step right into the NFL & play with little to no learning. Unbelieveably stupid. He also tried to rag on Joe Addai as well.. The point of his "Essay" centered around Tyson Jackson & Glenn Dorsey. In Kansas City. New players. One won the Outland Trophy, the other was a 1st round DL as well. NFL prople just laughed at this out loud. "So, he won the Outland & Lombardi, but Les Miles is a bad coach? You know he just win the NC game right?" Tyson & Glen play on my team, right? We do different things in the NFL than college". 'ol Mike was humiliated.

That year after his silly Kansas Papers, we won 11 games, year after that won 13 games. 3 years after that article we went 34-6. including 2 against Mike's baw Saban & Bama. He is now a coctail party joke in Baton Rouge. Ask Detillier how much he loves Saban. Funny Saban hates his ass from what I've heard.

Why did we start losing more games after 1/9/12? A couple of high powered politicians got pissed off & it went from there to the Board to Alleva. A whole bunch if shit started to happen to the coach fresh off winning us the SEC Championship. I'll just post 2. You know Miles tried to get Aranda the year before he actually got him right? Alleva said no through the BOS. Miles didn't want Steele, that's what he was offered. Also a ton of people here still think he was "Tied to Cam Cameron". That's BS. He asked & was denied permission to interview a new OC, by Alleva. I mean Jesus Christ, Miles even said THE very Day he hired Cam, the 2 had decided their friendship would not end over a job. . And it didn't. There is so much more...denial of plane use, denial of ticket use for major recruits, not in LA. etc. etc. Bullshit people wouldn't believe. Oh yeah one last thing our fans believe. "Chief quit on Miles" What? Uh No. He let Miles down against Bama after scoring the go ahead TD. Miles gave him another year, which Joe & friends turned into 2 years. But Miles suggested that he "Look around". He & Chief don't dislike each other, BTW. Even Chief started having his own trouble with Alleva. (Long before the contract thing).

Point being, when you have a AD & BOS deny you reign over who you hire fire your staff, they don't want you to win. Period. They want you out. Les Miles was a Political Firing & he got fucked over, for years. He just kept winning though, until they compromised him so badly. I very unfortunetaly know some of these people.

I don't expect you to believe much of this, obviously you think Mike Detillier & "Superfan" Dandydon's son Scott's site are important to LSU. That's fine, but honestly they aren't. When you work at LSU Legal..none of this is exactly secret. And there is a TON of paper trail on both sides to prove it.

As for 3 LBers on scholarship when Dave Aranda got here? Better look again.

Kendall Beckwith
    Duke Riley
    Michael Divinity
    Devin White
    Donnie Alexander
    & about 5 or 6 more, plus Sci Martin. who signed very late 2016. (Eventually transferred)

https://www.footballdb.com/college-football/teams/fbs/lsu/roster/2016?sort=pos

2016 #2 Recruiting class in the Nation
    https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2016-Football/Commits/

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    CalcoTiger likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

Didn’t know Faneca was a first rounder. That’s pretty awesome.

TigerTap likes this.