The remaining 2008 Presidential candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Feb 5, 2008.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree. i have less respect for her after she recently dropped the rodham for political purposes. shows lack of integrity. i liked that she stayed with bill after affairs, but this is part of the confirmation that she didnt stay for love or to keep her vows, just to help his/her career.

im trying not to let any of this affect my vote.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

pie in the sky stuff.

elected officials that actually work for the people/country and not their party or themselves.

a viable third party--where have you gone ross perot?

fiscal responsibility. pare down the military. stop subsidizing big farms/big oil/ big ____. no pork. higher taxes if thats what it takes. no free drugs for old people when we cant afford it.

good education system---not the crap we have now, although i realize this is more of a local/state issue.

reasonably priced healthcare for everyone even if it isnt as good.

a government that sponsors/fosters/encourages responsible environmental practices. take great precautions about global warming even if we're not convinced its real---its kinda important

get off the wetbacks backs (crackdown on their employers if you have a problem).

not me. i voted for mccain in the primary then nader.

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You'd love to take the party back? To where? To the point where Republicans had no chance at a presidency and only 30 members in Congress? Before a conservative Nixon, only 2 Republicans held the WH......Eisenhower and Taft......that's 50 years. (one of those won because he was a war hero) You want a Republican WH every 50 years cause that's the history here and that's where this party is headed. Is that the GOP you liked? You can't win the WH by out-liberaling the liberals.

So you're a republican who doesn't like tax cuts, wants amnesty for illegals, no border security and for a bill to cut special interests from campaign financing which actually had the opposite effect and violated the 1st amendment to our Constitution? Did the like the Kennedy-Bush education bill too? Or the energy bill? Or the albatross entitlement of prescription drugs which will tie our economy down for eons? Those were all great Republican plans too.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Oh my goodness. That's perhaps the biggest schism between McCain and me. If you lived in CA or perhaps TX over the last few years, you'd know firsthand how illegal immigration has destroyed many local economies. From healthcare to education to automobile insurance and accidents, it's an abomination. Dollars are earned, taxes (except for sales in many cases) are not paid, and money is sent home to Mexico/El Salvador, etc. There isn't one service worker in my town who can answer a question or provide any help whatsoever unless I happen to speak Spanish. Any major intersection on a given morning is crowded with illegals hoping to be hired for the day. They have legal representation and do a lot of "demanding" of rights in a country that they have entered illegally. :angryfire Sure we could and should crack down on employers but there aren't nearly enough people to do that and too many already here. And those things don't even begin to touch on the security issues. I have no doubt that terrorists have found their way in to the US through Mexico and our harbors.

As for Obama, this country can't, in any sense of the word, afford to have an unknown in the White House no matter how promising. Would you like a promising surgeon cutting on you for a life saving procedure? Not me.

2 people like this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

PSSSST. NAFTA:wink:

1 person likes this.
  6. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Romney is out, some are calling for a McCain-Huckabee ticket. That should be interesting.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

:dis:

8. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

:hihi:

1 person likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Lincoln. jk

not "to where" but from whom---falwell/robertson/colson and the neocon oil/military interests.

to a place where there is fiscal responsibility (and that aint Reaganomics, either) and $hit gets done.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I couldn't have said it better myself. I may have to vote for Hillary.