The remaining 2008 Presidential candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Feb 5, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If I see you on the ballot, I'll vote for you. I don't pay trailer taxes. As a direct descendent of the Acadiens, I qualify as a minority and am exempted.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats even better, I need your vote.

I think you would make a good politician Sabanfan, seriously.

3. SabanFan

If nominated, I will not run.

If elected, I will not serve.

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

You left out the fact that the President is responsible for a $3 trillion budget and and his approval is needed for any bill proposed by Congress to become law among other things.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I really expected Al Gore and Newt Gingrich to be late candidates. They would have firmed up both slates very nicely.

No, but I haven't eliminated her yet.

I was just arguing that the notion that she was running for "herself" instead of for the United States was no different than any other candidate. And that her choice to live and run for office in any state she chooses is a constitutional right. And that her perceived lack of charisma is a personal dislike, not a campaign flaw.

I'll judge her on her merits, not juvenile catcalls, petty criticism, or her "charisma". I want to see more debates. So does Hillary, because she is waxing Obama in the debates. He is impressively eloquent, but he doesn't know the data and the issues nearly as well. He is going to suffer a major debate setback before it is all over.

McCain versus Hillary might be a very telling debate, too. Both know the subjects very well. Hillary is smarter, but McCain is aggressively effective. Right now I want McCain's pragmatism, Hillary's brains, Obama's oratory, Huckabee's personal charm, Paul's independence, and Romney's pepsodent smile.

Trade-offs . . .

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

[​IMG]

Sorry red. Thought it was a funny sticker non-the-less!

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you will get no change with either of those. oh, there would be a minor change in the taxes we pay, and a different program here or there, but still really same-old-$hit.

i loved mccain in 00. i love that he's a republican that the right wing hates (id love to take back the party). love the immigration stance, love the feingold collaboration, loved the roll back of bush tax cuts. but really unsure about him now that he flipflopped onthe tax cut repeal.

i voted for obama in the primary because id rather take a chance on a promising unknown that put another turd in the WH. (all subject to change if bloomberg gets in)

8. SabanFan

Mitron McHill-Huckabama for President! :D

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mccain cheated on his wife. not a consideration for my vote, but it seems like it would be for many.

and obama, well, he's black. and uppity.:eek::dis::hihi:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Just exactly what changes do you want?

That was the mistake we made in 2000 with Bush.