The remaining 2008 Presidential candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Feb 5, 2008.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Why are you so scared? We are currently doing exactly what bin Laden wants us to do. HOW CAN WE AFFORD THIS CURRENT FOREIGN POLICY? We are in debt and sinking deeper. This isn't even your money paying for these wars, its money we're borrowing from the likes of China.

Our current actions haven't kept Al-Qaeda from regrouping to pre-9/11 levels. Our borders have gaping holes, our ports are far from secure. We are doing a better job of hurting the US than any terrorist ever could, and bin Laden knows this. Maybe we're safer now from a terrorist attack because there is no need for the terrorists to attack us; they have us playing into their hands already.

I'm also curious why you think we didn't pursue bin Laden when we had him on the ropes.

BTW, this does have everything to do with oil. We aren't heavily involved in other, non-oil rich countries. There may be other reasons we went into Iraq, but it all goes back to oil. Otherwise we'd have never started in on Iran in the 50s.