The Purge Begins

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Jan 13, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

how about this.... I’ve advised the remedy per the constitution. it isn’t ‘hidden’, or buried in language that’s open to interpretation. Is this political theater constitutional?

It would be more interesting if you’d actually take a stand rather than the appeasement approach where you assign blame to all

is it constitutional? Yes/No?

onceanlsufan and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Second the NO.

If anything, Biden and Harris should both be impeached the day after the GOP retakes the House and Senate for abuse of power and bastardization of the Constitution. That would put the new GOP House Leader ... probably McCarthy as the new President.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  4. onceanlsufan

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Damn Shane I didn’t know you are a constitutional scholar.
    I’m not an attorney but as I’ve said there’s precedent and I’ve read opinions supporting both sides. Perhaps we’ll find out if it gets in front of the SCOTUS....if they do accept an appeal.
    As I’ve said I think it wrong. Finally it’s not appeasement to find error on both sides if that is the case as it is here.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

all means all and that's all all means...

where, in your opinion, is the error? in the constitution or in the opinion you've cited?

7. onceanlsufan

The error in his opinion is ....
    - The TEXT of the Constitution is plain that the Chief Justice is required to preside over the impeachment of a POTUS.
    - The Impeachment by the House occurred while DJT was President, thus it is a Presidential Impeachment.
    - THUS .. regardless of how you slice it, this is an impeachment of POTUS and requires the Chief Justice.
    - The Chief Justice has insinuated that this is not a case he intends to take up, ie., this is not an impeachment.
    - Since the Impeachment in the House occurred while DJT was POTUS, leaky Leahy is not qualified to preside.

Even if you accept Winston's Precedent, using a Secretary, which does NOT require the Chief Justice, his opinion does not take into account that the Chief Justice, not leaky Leahy, must preside over the proceeding involving a POTUS. So, while in the 1800s, an impeachment occurred after the fact, under a circumstance that does not require the Chief Justice, it does not apply if the Chief Justice determines this case does not merit his presence. It becomes a trial of a private citizen, where the correct venue is the courts, not the Senate.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You can't argue with winston. He's omb at all cost and is not capable of seeing legit, and sensible reasoning like you cannot hold an impeachment of the POTUS against someone that is NOT the fucking POTUS! Just a complete moron. Someone else posted it, the penalty for a successful impeachment trial is the removal from office. Well beings he is not in office and they already know they don't have the votes this is now identity politics and also, by the letter of the Constitution illegal. You don't have to be a lawyer to read.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

At the end of the day does it really matter who presides? The Dems don't have the votes & they know it. Seems like much ado about nothing imo.

10. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

I Believe they intend to try and make sure there i no way Trump would think about running again or at least make him less of a viable candidate for the Republican Party.