The portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Hope that Harris has learned from from his mistakes @A&M and dedicates himself to make the best out of his 2nd chance. This will be a test of CBK’s system and his SWAT teams where players hold each other accountable. If Kelley can keep Harris’s head screwed on, he will be a steal. If not, Kelley needs to cut bait quickly.

mctiger likes this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It’s kind if disappointing that for the 2nd year in a row we are having to go dumpster diving in the portal to shore up the defense. Ok, that kind if harsh. There are some gold nuggets in there to be found. Last year it was the whole team that needed help and we all understood the reasons why. This year the OL & TE depth was addressed primarily with the recruits we just signed. But we didn't seem to be as successful meeting our DL & secondary needs via recruiting this year and will be very dependent on the portal to add depth. Do we have recruiting issues with the defensive staff?

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

We got 11 defense players of the 25. We just needed more due to depth and a bare cupboard left by O. I also think there are a few other things like NIL (Bama swooping on on Ricks) and HS coaches still learning about Kelly. I think we will get there. Next year will get better.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Did you see the interview clip with Ricks? He was asked what he told Saban on the phone when he committed. Ricks said,"I just told him I was ready to be a Tig -.......(uncomfortable pause)....that I was ready to come home."

dachsie, Herb and kcal like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What is the latest on Louisiana kids going to bama? That seems to have either cooled off or I missed the news. Anyone?

6. mctiger

If you mean high school recruits, they only got one this year. QB Eli Holstein out of Zachary, 5th ranked player in the state according to 247. Texas did better, getting Manning (#1 ranked) and Derek Williams (#3), safety from New Iberia. Williams is the disappointing one as we were never getting Manning. We shouldn't have let Williams get away though.

Bama not doing much portal business this year.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They lost a couple to the portal right?

Did the Williams kid sign on Wednesday? I thought there was a big push to try and get him back to LSU?

8. mctiger

Jordan Jefferson, D-lineman who portalled West Virginia, has committed to LSU.

9. mctiger

Williams is signed, don't know how hard we pushed to flip him.

15 players have portalled on Bama, 10 have committed, including former 5-star WR Aaron Anderson to LSU

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Losing the safety from New Iberia (position of need for LSU) to TX was very disappointing. Losing him was compounded by having former 4* safety Derrick Davis enter the portal. Davis also showed promise at RB in a short appearance late this year.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    mctiger likes this.