The Pope

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Sep 18, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course, why cant you all just be as reasonable as red?

the pope is asserting all sorts of BS without evidence. there is no point intelling people things that have a random truth value actually have a positive truth value.

truth: "an afterlife is something that mayt or may not exist, there is no reason to believe in it."

lie: "i have sufficient knowledge to assert that an afterlife actually does exist"

lies shouldnt be taught to children. they are defenseless. they have not developed the critical thinking skill yet to resist the lies of adults. it is unfair to them to indoctrinate them. it is a tragedy that morons worldwide are teaching children lies constantly.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

no, you see, something has to be clearly UNTRUE before you can mark it as a lie.

as well as babies, don't forget you wish them all speedy deaths as well.

i could waste a bunch of time by listing all of the ways Jesus has improved my life, but it would be exactly that. so no, I do not think I'm buying into lies at any level.

perhaps it frustrates you that someone smarter than you believes and applies something which you find ludicrous.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe if i meet him i will.

listen closely. i am not asserting that there is not afterlife (although if i had to guess...)

i obviously cannot prove that. what i am asserting is that the pope is telling the lie that it is somehow established that there is an afterlife. no such thing has been established.

again, i am not asserting that there is no afterlife. i am asserting that it is very dishonest for the pope to claim he is qualified to make an absolute assertion about a total unknown based on zero evidence.

(i explained it twice on purpose, no need to tell me i just repeated myself)

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

martin is dead on about religion

it's dangerous and it is the cause of countless millions of people's deaths since the beginning of civilization

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

it is clearly untrue that the pope knows things about an afterlife

true, i am pro-choice. me and the rest of the murderers.

the spaghetti monster improved my life by giving me a chuckle. i guess he exists.

1. maybe my iq is 158, i havent made a public pronouncement! (it isnt 158, you are smarter than me by a wide margin)

2. i know there are zillions of peeps who are far superior to me that believe all sort of nutty lies. thats why i am so fascinated by it. it is so pervasive, even mental giants like you are fooled.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

i could waste time by listing evidence, but you would just say that it is made up.

martin the murderer.

ok, again, it was probably even a waste of time to post that sentence.

foolish me.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

it isnt necessarliy made up. you might have misinterpreted something or whatever. you want very badly for your life to mean something.

i dont do the murders so much as favor their execution. but i guess in a certain sense i am a murderer. but like lsu craig calling me an anti semite, you wont get very far with labels that you think most people would shun. i happily concede that i hate lots of people and favor murder.

you are not a lost cause. i can imagine that one day you might come to your senses.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What a crock. People kill each other for all kinds of reasons. Take away religion and we would still kill each other and I seriously doubt it would be in any less a number. How many deaths where the Soviets responsible for? What religion were they?

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

religions keep quarrels going through the generations like nothing else. thats why jews have been in trouble for so long, they are birthing new baby jews into the cycle all the time. many other reasons for killing are not hereditary.

they had faith in another irrational system.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

There is an afterlife and it's existence is uncontroverted. It's called "being dead".