The playoff picture

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 24, 2017.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So....4 matchups affecting the Saints' seeding next week:
    NO at Tampa Bay, Carolina at Atlanta, San Fran at LA, Arizona at Seattle

If Saints win and Rams lose, the Saints are the 3 seed, hosting the Falcons if they win, or if the Panthers and Cardinals win. They would host the Seahawks if they win and the Falcons lose.

If the Saints and the Rams win, or the Saints and Panthers lose, the Saints are the 4 seed. They would host the Panthers.

If the Saints lose and the Panthers win, the Saints would be the 5 seed. In that case, they would be at LA if the Rams win, or at Carolina if the Rams lose.

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

So, what matchup do you like best for the wild card round? I want to be home, obviously. Most like the hawks, then Atl, then Car, then @Car, and @LA last. Thoghts?...

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I hope there's not a quiz. :eek:

dachsie likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rams and Seahawks should both win. If form holds the only game in doubt is Panthers-Falcons. Saints need to avoid a post revenge letdown and take care of business. At any rate it looks like the Saints won't be able to avoid playing Carolina a third time.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Going with the scenario that we will win next week and host, I prefer Carolina or Seattle to Atlanta. But I admit, I haven't paid much attention to Seattle. Still, I'd rather face Newton than Wilson, and we don't have anyone to match up with Graham. Carolina has the least speed and fewest offensive weapons of the 3, IMO.

didit likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I haven't seen Seattle much but I do know their defense is a mere shell of what it was when they went to Superbowls.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I hear you on all those tangible reasons but I'm going to give you something that could be even more important... an intangible reason: motivation. What better motivation for a team that's already lost to you twice to be able to come in and end your season on your home field? I'd rather not face Carolina a third time.

ParadiseiNC, mctiger and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ditto. In the 1986-87 basketball season Kentucky beat LSU twice in the regular season and once in the SEC tournament but LSU beat them in the regional final to go to the Final Four.

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

posted in another thread, we match-up better with the panthers and the following week with philly... our worse match-up would be the rams because of the run, which we don't stop as well as we do the pass... and with seattle for the reasons you stated...

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I watched Seattle beat Dallas this afternoon. It was a challenge staying awake.