The Party of zero morals, zero patriotism, and extreme hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 18, 2021.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Pretty sure I can find equal or worse stupidity from Biden supporters. I mean, both sides take the dumbest people they can find, put them on video, then act like its an accurate representation of everyone that supports x.

2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

To be fair Paul was in favor of providing as much relief as needed; but he believed we should move existing funds from somewhere else rather than increasing the debt.

fanatic likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's not exactly a "fair" commentary, inasmuch as Paul knows how next-to-impossible it is to move funds that have already been allocated, and how he didn't attach such a proviso to his own disaster relief requests for Kentucky.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Point taken on the Kentucky requests - although hypocrisy and rationalizations are usually connected when congress is talking about their own districts. I'm not particularly a Rand Paul fan but I'll take him at his word on being willing to move funds. Its consistent with his Libertarian philosophies. And while I agree it's almost impossible to transfer funds it should be possible in emergencies like this.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Extreme hypocrisy raises its ugly head once again:

A GOP senator, butt hurt that Fauci recently made him look like a fool at a public hearing, plans to introduce the "Fauci Act" that would require the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) website to provide the financial records of administration officials and a list of those in the government whose financial records are not public.

THIS after the entire GOP defended trump's refusal to release his tax returns and financials.

I say LET'S HAVE IT. It's an excellent idea. At the same time, pass the legislation now being proposed by young Democratic congresspersons: no stock trading for members of Congress while in office.

The irony in all this? Fauci's financial records are easily available online.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So @Rex if the democrats are so against the filibuster why did they just use it last night to defeat bill that had majority support 55-44? Why did they use it over 300 times when they were last in the minority? A little hypocritical do you agree?

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So @Rex if democrats are so against the evils of gerrymandering why are they using so readily in states they hold legislative majorities? States like Illinois, California, New York etc. is it magically virtuous when democrats do it or is it more evidence that they are hypocrites?

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I don't know what you're referring to.