The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You act like it's coming out of your pocket.

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I know I do. I'm tight with my money and tight with other people's money too.:) More importantly, I hope Loomis spends wisely like it is coming out of his pocket.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Just as much as tax dollars come out of your pocket.....:hihi:

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Oh, now you're talking his language. I like your avatar Sabanfan.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Awesome logic. Let's make sure we lock up Scott Shanle and Scott Fujita for a long term deal and cut Jammal Brown since he didn't contribute anything.

Reggie is replacable. I like him and I'd like to keep him, but right now the smart money is to deal him when you can get a good pick for him (coming off a Superbowl win and a great playoff performance) and unload that massive salary that he doesn't want to seem to reduce. Pierre Thomas has shown that he's the better RB anyway and he's blessed with more than capable hands and ability.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He is a running back/slot receiver/punt returner, how many of those guys are there each year in the draft, thanks Reggie for your post season play, but if you can get something for him that strengthens the defense, he can be replaced.

Has he even played a full season yet? May have his rookie year i can't remember. He is explosive and that is why right now his stock is as high as it is ever going to be. Why not test the waters?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My point, dear reader, was that no matter how good things are some will find something to be unhappy about.

For me? 16-3 and |lombardi| rocks. Status quo works for me.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Colin Cowherd addressed the Reggie situation awhile ago, and it was an interesting take. His conclusion was that Reggie should definitely re-structure and stay in NO. His reasoning...there are only a few teams where he's a good fit, more specifically, that there are only a few coaches that would really utilize him correctly. He named Belichek and Reid; did not mention Pete Carroll, which was certainly an oversite on his part. But the Saints/Payton are his best fit, where they can use him in space, and personality-wise, he still has the "wow" factor. Detroit or Pittsburgh, for example, with those cities' blue-collar personas, wouldn't appreciate him the way he's appreciated in New Orleans. Plus, his commercial marketability suffers if he's not in the right environment.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Lets play Jeopardy. I'll take Scatbacks after the 1st round Alex. And the answer is--What Ole Miss running back/slot receiver/punt returner should the Saints draft to take Reggie Bush's role? Who is Dexter McCluster? Yes, you are correct and have just saved your team 8 million dollars!

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why would the Saints draft a running back when they are loaded at that position and have a tremendous need on the defensive side of the ball?