The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Saints go 40 years with nothing to show for it. Reggie's been here, what, 4 years and we have a Conference Championship and a Super Bowl win.

You guys are something else. Win the lottery and bitch about the tax.:dis:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

why do you "want him gone"?

that just sounds like a bunch of hatred for the man, because his value in the playoffs and the way he elevated his play would make the statement sound pretty much idiotic

I'm not saying sign hom for 8 mill, cuz he ain't worth that much.

But to simply dismiss him is just wrong in every sense imaginable.

3. islstl

Thank you.

They just don't get it.

4. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I believe SabanFan said the Saints would be one-and-done in the playoffs even after the great year they had. So I'm sure he at least "gets" the fact that others might not "get it" as well...ha.

I'd like to see Reggie back with a restructured contract. He's entertaining and I actually thought he ran the ball a lot better this year (especially down the stretch) and his average shows it for once (even though he didn't get a ton of touches). Also, SabanFan does have a point in that Reggie Bush is part of a team that has played in two NFC Championships and now has a Super Bowl Championship. Now, he's just a small part, but we did it with him on the team taking in the good and the bad of Bush. It ain't that broke, so I don't see the rush to fix it. He needs to take less $. And hell, at this point, playing for the Saints in New Orleans is a HUGE incentive. Who is gonna want to leave this kind of atmosphere as it is at the moment? The Saints have some cards to play now with players.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was not a believer, but I'm not stupid either.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

What the hell are you talking about. You ask me why I want him gone but then you admit he's not worth the money we pay him. So now I have hatred for the man and I make idiotic statements?

I guess I need to break this down like you're a five year old. (I loved every time Denzel said that in Philadelphia)

1. He's not worth 8 million a year ( you agreed with this)
    2. Next year, he will be paid 8 million a year (this is a fact)
    3. The only way we don't pay him 8 million a year is if he's gone (almost certainly a fact unless you think Bush will negotiate his contract down)
    4. I want him gone. It's nothing personal, we can just do better with 8 million a year.

What's the problem?

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Oh, I hope he's back, but his production dropped off heavily at the end. I'm just hoping it was a little slump and he's not having any of the problems he had before at Denver and Houston. He had big ego problems before and was once very promising to Denver as well. So there has been a trend there with him. Although I did read that he was very happy during the whole Super Bowl week and saying he was just happy to be there.

8. islstl

If you had said, "well we can keep him if he accepts a lot less than 8 million" that would be one thing.

You just dismiss the whole thing and say "I want him gone". That is a clear cut statement.

I said we need to renegotiate his contract since he is not worth the 8 mill. I certainly do believe Bush is a part of the puzzle and was one of the reasons we won it all.

He will most likely renegotiate but the question is how much of a pay cut will he take. That's the guessing game.

So I don't' think you are correct in your assessment of the situation.

But in your case, it doesn't really matter cuz you simply want him gone anyway.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I want him gone because of his whole situation. He has been in the league four years and has had ample time to change. He's paid too much and produces too little. I actually think Reggie is a decent guy. He seems like it. He's probably good for the locker room too.

You take things much too literally. I want him gone because realistically, there is no way he will renegotiate. He just won't. To be clear, first I want Reggie to renegotiate down to the $4 million he is worth. If he doesn't, I want him gone.

And not to go all Red on you but you made a pretty huge assumption about my feelings of the guy based off of one sentence. Sorry you read so much hate and disdain into my very straightforward and analytical comment because it wasn't there.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Well, I want him gone and make no apologies about it. Please refer to my previous posts and Tirk's "on the money" insights as to why. 4 mil would still be too much. Again, refer back to what Pierre Thomas is making.