The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think I saw more of Kim's mom than Brees on the field after the game. Also, Benson needs a couple of speech classes and Im not talking about his accent.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Now that his value has increased, his part is to net the Saints a top 5 draft pick so they can draft Suh.

1 person likes this.
  3. tboy

tboy Founding Member

If he nets us a top 50 pick I will be ecstatic. The problem is his salary. Who would be willing to pay him 8 mil?

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Top 5 rounds would be fine with me. Hell anything to get rid of the salary liability. And if we want Suh, we'll have to be top 1.

1 person likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

San Diego maybe?

6. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I personally think Payton is gonna want to keep Reggie. I'm sure he wants him with a different contract, but I definitely think he wants him to stay with the Saints. I'm not sure if Mike Bell will be back or not next year. He had a great start and was a big part of the championship run, but didn't average 3 yards per carry in one game for any of his last six games.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think you have to keep mike bell, dude runs with authority and what are you going to do if thomas gets hurt, mike bell you can get on the cheap.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree, while I want him gone, it's just not gonna happen.

9. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

The Saints will have to pay someone millions to take Reggie and they will do so if he does not sign a realistic long-term deal this offseason. The Saints have too many people to resign or replace to give Reggie $8M then have him as an unrestricted free agent. I liked Reggie's new attitude during the postseason and I like his place on the team. If he takes realistic money in a long-term deal, I'd be happy to see him finish out his career in NO.

Sidenote: If I was a GM, I would never pay top dollar for a RB in free agency. LT, Shaun Alexander, Deuce, Portis, Larry Johnson, et al can have the greatest year of their career following by absoltely nothing. RB is a young mans position. There are always new guys with fresh legs coming out of college for cheap.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

History certainly bears this out. There are even certain numbers that seem to foreshadow a drop in production with uncanny accuracy--30 years of age, number of carries in a previous season, etc.. Reggie is rarely completely healthy too. Once you start having leg problems as a RB even unquestionable loved athletes like Deuce can't keep playing. I think Bush will be easily replaced on the cheap. Scatbacks are a dime a dozen and with the wide open college offenses are getting more playing time than ever.