The Official NBA 2014-2015 Discussion (Predictions)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Season opens tonight. Adam Silver's first season as the commish, he has been open to change which is good, but a lot of the ideas are just bad. However, this should be interesting. Here are my thoughts.

-Kobe Bryant, will request a trade by the deadline after they cant make any deals before the deadline to help him.
    -Lebron wins the MVP barring injury, he lost about 20 plus lbs, something that I thought was always needed. But he has something to prove after the season Durant had last year.
    -Durant, opts out and goes to the Wizards after he comes back from injury the first 2 months of the season. He will wait until after the season to announce this.
    Spurs vs Warriors will be the WCF-Spurs will make it back to the finals, if they keep KL happy.
    Bulls vs Cavs in the ECF- Bulls will make the finals. I just dont see enough defense being played in Cleveland to win the East.
    ROY will be Wiggins or James Young
    DPOY- will be Noah

I think the Spurs win it again.

Teams to watch for interesting situations:
    1. OKC- I think Brooks is done after this season, I dont know where they go after this year.
    2. Lakers- Kobe is in his twilight which is still better than half the league
    3. Mavs- it could be a clusterfuck or a good team
    4. Knicks- will be a disaster, i dont know whats the strategy, you cant build around Melo
    5. Heat- I think they have invested in a bench, something they needed the past 2 seasons. Wade my have enough in the tank to make the heat competitive, lets face it, its the East. they will at least get a 5th seed.

Cavs vs Heat -Christmas Day
    Mavs vs Spurs - Opening Day

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we need to make some sort of wager to keep my interest. i think i won last years by a few. you the year before.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

i was thinking the same, but not with the knicks this year.
    I'll take the Rockets at .500
    the west is too deep and a much more interesting conference.
    the Rockets would be a 2 seed in the East and may not make the playoffs in the west.

4. tirk

should I take old ass dallas? where do they project? have to be close to houston.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

i think they could be good, like a 6th seed or last place. its hard to read Dallas

6. tirk

alright, i picked them because we need teams from the same division. 6th or last sounds good to me.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Damn, basketball already? It snuck up on me. I could almost agree that its remotely possible that Kobe could be traded but Durant to the Wizards? Gimme a break. More likely if Durant goes anywhere it would be the Lakers, Knicks, the Heat or don't count out Dallas with Mark Cuban throwing money at him. The Clippers new multi billionaire owner Steve Ballmer could up the ante also.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

have you seen the make up of the Wizards team, they probably have the best young talent in the league at the guard position. Durant is from that area and they have been actively recruiting him, players that is. It could happen.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought he was from Dallas but I looked it up and he was born in DC. Maybe if that means anything to him like the total shocker of LeBron returning home to Cleveland of all places the Maryand, Northern Virginia area is a lot more attractive place to live than Cleveland. Still, I don't think Durant can carry a team by himself. He needs to team up with another superstar.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

He would have John Wall and Bradly Beal to play with along with NeNe. If he goes there they are an immediate contender I truly believe.

shane0911 likes this.