The Official LSU @ Bama Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 26, 2013.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

No offense to anyone .. but anyone thinking that "this game is going to be close" is smoking crack.

The two offenses line up pretty well, with the exception that when Bama "needs" a score, Bama executes cleanly, and gets a score.

OTOH ... the two defenses are not even comparable. Bama will score on just about every drive,. LSU will have at least 4- drives halted before FG range. Throw on top of that, LSU practically sends a signed invitation to load the box when an obvious run play is about to run, like in the Red Zone.

That being as it is ... LSU loses by somewhere between 12-28 points.

Score will be: Bama - 45, LSU (17-33). ....

I'm splitting the middle ... Bama wins, 45-23.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Remember 2008? LSU sucked. Worst team under Les Miles. Alabama was pretty damn good. Took em to OT. Remember 09, had the officials not completely ass raped LSU from the opening whistle, probably a different game.

Beat em in 2010 with no offense, beat em in 2011 with no offense, damn near beat em last year with a sub par offense. All we need is a few stops on D, and a great game by the O.

VampMuse, 1BIGTIGER, StaceyO and 2 others like this.
  3. onceanlsufan

And there is the problem. Unless the Defense Fairy comes along and sprinkles tackle dust on the behinds of our Defense, .... our D is not going to make a few stops. All we can hope for is for Bama to screw up and fumble or throw an int ... .and frankly, they just don't do that much.

Could Bama have a bad game??? .... sure they can, happens all the time. But I wouldn't put any money on this defense stopping them if they are in their normal form. And really, what is happening that would put them out of their normal form??

LSU .. "COULD" win the game .. but really, that is not very likely.

Richdog likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

They have gotten stops this year. Got a big stop against Georgia that could have been a turning point in that game and OBJ fumbled a punt. Defense made stops against Ole Miss in the first offense couldn't come through. That's why I said we gotta be perfect on offense. The defense will get a few stops, offense has to capitalize on them.

5. onceanlsufan

Like I said Lasalle ... LSU "could" win the game. Heck .. OM "could" and did beat LSU. The only difference is, LSU has a history of being inconsistent, while Bama has a history of being steady and predictable.

You can predict that Bama will play well, methodoical, fundamental football. Their Defense is not going to give up much on the run, and they will scheme for the pass to make up for their deficiency in the pass protection [provided they have to, being as Mett was OM's best defensive back in that loss]. Hill may bust out a big play, like last year ... heck may even take ONE to the house. But ONE isn't going to win the game. I don't think Bama is going to shut LSU out, but I think you are going to see a lot of FGs. Bama's offense, predictably, is not going to try and make the big play, they are going to take what the defense gives them, and make big plays out of what should be a modest gain [like yards after the catch, or runs past the line]. Given LSU"s less than stellar .... err .. pure pathetic run defense, I look for Yeldon and Drake to both have over 100 yrds rushing, eating up clock in the process. Heck, I wouldn't even be suprised if McCarron pitches a hissy fit because they won't let him pass the ball ... simply because they don't have to pass the ball .. just run it.

I know I'm being hard here ... heck ... hope I"m wrong. I hope the defense fairy does come along sprinkles some tackle dust on our Defense ... I also hope Santa Clause brings me a lot of Big Boy Toys.

Hate to say it, but I think my chances of Santa may be greater than the LSU Defense getting a clue against the run game between now and Nov. 9th.

Like you, and others have said .. IF our OFFENSE shows up in form, and I mean playing beyond their best performance, it might end up being a close game. IF they pull the Florida or OM routine, it's not going to be very pretty.

6. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Nothing to really talk about. Lsu will lose bc we arent the consistent team we needed to be this year. Dazzling at times, disappointing at others.
    No brainer, Take ala and the points.

7. LaSalleAve

I gotcha, you are saying its unlikely LSU wins. You point out valid concerns, definite flaws, but here's my logic. LSU owns Tuscaloosa since 2000. This isn't always a close game but it is more times than not. The star studded Juniors and the seniors, have played this team more than any other team, and do not want end their careers with 3 straight losses to these weasels.

I'm telling you, you will see a focus from this team you haven't seen all season.

Plus I would never pick Alabama, I don't care what the scenario is.

StaceyO and northernvatiger like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The Process

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Just more of the Process

StaceyO likes this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If the game comes down to turnovers it swings in the Tide's favor. Granted, LSU has played one more game this year. Even with that the Tigers have lost twice as many turnovers this season.

If you start looking at opponents and how they rank in turnover margin the picture doesn't get prettier.