The Official LSU @ Bama Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 26, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

38-24. LSU defense is down but I think they show up for Bama. This is the highest ranked LSU offense that Bama has played in years. Our defense may not be LSU caliber but they are better than A&M and our offense is better than bamas and as good if not better than A&M. The team will be motivated for this game. Zach needs to play perfect. No damn interceptions and we win by 10+

northernvatiger likes this.
  2. JD J.D.

JD J.D. flawlessly humble

Bama's offensive strengths (power inside running with experienced QB who is good reading D and on play-action) are what LSU's struggling D struggles with the most.

Offensively, when we play our best, there is no defense in the country we could not overwhelm on a given Saturday.

If we get a TD on special teams or TD on a turn-over, we will win. If we are even or lose the special teams or turnover battle, we will lose.

gyver likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wouldn't you want to pick LSU instead of leaving it to chance?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bama doesn't commit penalties and they don't turn the ball over.

LSU will need a +4 in the turnover category to win this game. That ain't happening. Our defense can't cause a turnover to save it's life.

It's a BAD matchup, just like you alluded to on the Bama Offensive/LSU defensive sides of the ball.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

In the first quarter of the Kentucky game, Yeldon fumbled TWO times. He fumbled against us last year.

cajdav1 and gyver like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The point is I think it will be close, not an Alabama runaway. Close games can go either way.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In fact, they do. Five penalties and one turnover a game on average.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  8. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

When we shocked the world 2 years ago and beat them in a close one at their place there was one thing that caught the bammers off-guard:

JJ

If you remember Lee was having an excellent season up until that game and JJ had not been "counted on" in our game planning regularly.

When Lee got shaky Les pulled him.

JJ looked good with his mobility and kept their stout defense off their game enough to help us win the game.

(Unfortunately Les forgot that the bammers had ONE MONTH to game plan FOR JJ. Since he mistakenly believed that JJ was the difference-maker in that game he started him in the ill-fated championship game and never changed things up and put Lee in).

Ok enough with the history lesson...

My point is that after the Georgia game loss Les stated in a press conference that the coaching staff were "saving some things for the back end of the season."

The back end of the season starts now.

Question:

Is Les trying to relive history by not "showing his hand" with Jennings (in an attempt to catch the bammers defense off-guard again) and has intended all season to save him until the Bama-A&M-Arky stretch?

I know this sounds crazy but - let's face it - Les is crazy.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Great point. In fact last year before the game, when Mettenberger wasn't really having a good season, I thought they should have played Bolden because he actually started a game against them in his career. Of course that was stupid, and Mettenberger had a great game because Alabama sold out to the run.

We must break them at the line of scrimmage. We must dominate them on the ground. And use that to set up play action. If we can't run it on em, then fuck it go 5 wide and use Beckham as a decoy.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Anything is possible, I suppose. There's hardly any film on Jennings. A couple of passes, and several QB keepers from the pistol formation. Hmm... Perhaps the same goes for throws to the TE, throws to RB's out of backfield, and dare I say, screens.