The OFFICIAL BLACK AND GOLD SUPERBOWL THREAD

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 25, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I know Buddy D and my Grandpa are having a scotch right now in the big Who Dat land in the sky.

1 person likes this.
  2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

we did have a beer for Buddy D after the game. I think Bobby Hebert had about 12 of them for Buddy D.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wow, one hell of a game. Congrats to the Saints and all Saints fans that have waited so long. As someone born the same year as the Saints and in the same city I thought this day may never come. And what a great game period, no flop there. Two great teams playing a great game and the Saints earned the W. It's good to be a Saint!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way anyone can say that the better team didn't win. Brees is unbelievable, won MVP of the Super Bowl and should have won MVP of the league. Happy happy days! Now I hope I can get a couple hrs sleep before work tomorrow. Hell maybe I'll just call in sick and head to New Orleans.:grin:Saintslogo:crystal: We need a Lambardi trophy smilie

4. LaSalleAve

One more thing, I used to really like Tony Dungy. But then he became a pundit on NBC's NFL show, and i can't stand to hear the dude talk, he makes me want to vomit. I really hope he put his money where his mouth was, and lost his ass. Who Dat Tony?

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I'm sure Hap Glaudy is right there with them.

:eek:ldskule:Saintslogo

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree but Don't feel bad for him though but did feel bad when he didnt get Super Bowl MVP when they played the Bears

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Helluva game! That was fun 2 watch. And despite what the talking heads say, the pick 6 is on Manning not Reggie Wayne.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Even when we were down 10-0 I didn't have the feeling that this game was gonna get away from us. Something said that when Brees and the team settled in they would find a way to not only get back in the game, but win the game.

2 plays made the big difference, the onside kick and the int, other than that it was a very evenly matched game. Payton and Brees out smarted one of the most intelligent QB's there is and proved to be the better team on this day. I gotta say Payton is one gutsy coach, the 4th and goal call was just a sign of the chances he was willing to take to win the thing. The onside kick was magical and caught the Colts completely off guard. The int was what has been the Saints D all season. What I was sorta taken back by was the D not going after Manning as Williams had stated they would. I think that the Saints played as close to the perfect game that they could. A game won by all 3 phases of the team, Offense, Defense, and Special teams.

The main point being that this is most definately not your parents Saints team. This moment is the moment I have waited for all of my life and I could not be prouder to say that I am a Saints fan and a New Orleans native. As a fan that has been there my entire life, through the good and the bad, mostly bad, it is nice to finally get the "Aint's" stinch off and throw away the paper bags.Saintslogo

9. LaSalleAve

How cool was it that Peyton Manning from New Orleans, went to complete a pass to Reggie Wayne from New Orleans, and Tracey Porter from Port Allen takes it to the house on the pick 6.

Louisiana in my mind is the greatest state in all 50 when it comes to sports. Unreal.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

true! watching the game i kept thinking that payton has big brass ones.

no more paper bags. ever!